Credit Controller - Nottingham Credit Union
- £16k to £17k + benefits
- East Midlands, Nationwide, Nottingham
- Apply by:
- 22nd June 2018
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
We are a Credit Union based in Nottingham (with a small branch in Mansfield) committed to providing a range of ethical savings and loan products to our common bond membership: those living and working in Nottinghamshire, Nottingham Community Housing Association, the Places for People Group and Boots’ employees nationwide. Due to our growing membership we are looking for a Credit Controller for our Operations Team reporting to the Branch Manager.
Responsibilities will be:
• Debt Collection, communicating with members in arrears with their loan repayments by telephone, email and letter within agreed timescales.
• Negotiating repayment plans and assessing affordability of members experiencing financial difficulties.
• Updating and assessing affordability of repayment plans already in place.
• Managing a recurring card payment system.
• Ensuring compliance with the requirements of the PRA and the FCA and other regulatory organisations.
• Adhering to the core values of Nottingham Credit Union including outstanding customer service and the Treating Customers Fairly Policy.
• Assisting the Branch Manager with any other administration tasks as required.
• Previous experience in a Credit Control environment (desirable not essential as training will be provided).
• The ability to work in a tidy and methodical manner demonstrating a high level of attention to detail and the ability to work to agreed targets.
• The ability to work in a team and individually.
• Sound decision making and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
• Sound computer skills including Microsoft Office and other case management systems.
Terms and Conditions
• Hours - Full time (37.5 hrs per week), with occasional work outside normal office hours including two evenings per week until 7pm as required.
• Holiday Entitlement – 25 days plus Bank Holidays
• Location – Based at the main office in central Nottingham, plus travel to the Mansfield Branch when necessary.
Please submit a CV and covering letter marked Credit Controller to Kris Whitsed either by email to KrisW@nottinghamcu.co.uk or by letter to Nottingham Credit Union, 69 Maid Marian Way, Nottingham, NG1 6AJ.
Sign up for job alerts - its free