Cost Analyst Industrial Placement
Brackley, United Kingdom
At the Mercedes-AMG Petronas Formula One Team, a group of passionate and determined people work to design, develop, manufacture and race the cars driven by seven-time World Champion Lewis Hamilton and Grand Prix winner George Russell.
Whether working in our Operations, Technical, Race or Business Support functions, we are all in and aspire to build the greatest team in the history of our sport.
Every individual plays their part. No stone is left unturned in the chase for every tenth of a second. The history of our sport is long and rich, and we are continuing our journey with renewed effort year on year. Record books remember the names of a few, but history is written by the many.
About the Role:
Reporting to one of the Senior Cost Analysts you will be supporting the Cost Analysis team with their cost cap compliance activities working closely with other Cost Analysts in the Design Office, Operations, the Race Team and the Finance Team. With the new Financial Regulations now firmly in place, it is essential that we remain financially sustainable and compliant, whilst maximising our cost efficiency. This is an ideal position for an inquisitive engineering student to gain valuable experience in the financial activities in the operational and engineering areas of a world leading motorsport team.
Being mentored by one of the Cost Analysts, you will:
- Support the Cost Analysis Department as well as operational and technical areas with a variety of cost cap related activities. This will include:
-Costing data quality improvements and data analysis
-Process optimisation and automation
-Identifying cost saving opportunities
-FIA / Finance reporting
- Work with Finance and other Cost Analysts to ensure consistency of approach and methodologies, aligning processes and standardising practices.
- Have a comprehensive understanding of the F1 Financial Regulations.
Successful candidates will have:
- At least one year left on their studies at the time of taking up the placement in July 2024
- Strong analytical skills, a sound working knowledge of operational activities and vehicle engineering
- Confident with numerical analysis and good communication and negotiations skills. These are required to work well with different functions across the organisation
- A self-motivated, team player that is passionate about working for our team and has a winning mindset.
- Have the ability to build stakeholder relationships and be able to present complex information to a range of audiences
- Process mapping and optimisation experience would be beneficial.
Our riverside campus is powered by 100% renewably sourced energy and features an on-site gym and exercise studio, subsidised restaurant and on-site parking with EV chargers available.
We offer a competitive and attractive package of benefits including private medical cover, annual heath assessments, life assurance, 25 days holiday and a trackside familiarisation day.
At the heart of our performance are our people. Every member of our team has a voice and plays their part in contributing to our successes on and off the racetrack.
Through our Accelerate 25 programme, we are continuously working to make our team even more diverse and inclusive. Whatever your background, we believe that you will find working with us rewarding and enriching.
We welcome applications from everyone and are committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining the best and most talented individuals. We will look to provide sponsorship to candidates who require a visa to live and work in the UK, subject to meeting all the necessary Home Office requirements.
Recruitment timings and process:
Typically, our Industrial Placements are for a thirteen-month period starting in July 2024.
All assessments in the recruitment process are in English: this is the primary language used within the organisation and you need a good level of written and spoken English in the Industrial Placement role.
This position is office-based, at our campus in Brackley, United Kingdom.
Please submit your cover letter and CV as one PDF. Candidates will also be asked to complete our Industrial Placement questionnaire as part of the application process. You may apply for more than one placement but please note that you will have to complete the questionnaire for each application.
The closing date for applications is Tuesday 26 September 2023 at
23:59 British Summer Time.
Click here to apply today, or via the apply button below!