- £21,000 to £23,000
- London, Central London
- Apply by:
- 23rd May 2018
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
£21,000 - £23,000
Based in the heart of lively Notting Hill, we are an award winning, global provider of legal content and information services. We seek people who are intelligent, possess an international outlook and can work with pace, in our fast-growing company. In return, we offer stimulating and challenging work.
Law Business Research is looking for a copy-editor/sub-editor who possesses excellent attention to detail and knowledge of grammar, and who demonstrates a flair for good English. Working as part of a friendly in-house production team, the successful candidate will have responsibility for editing multi-author legal texts written by contributors from around the world. The candidate will also be responsible for setting text on the page, taking in emendations and sending artwork to press. An ability to read technical text carefully and to revise it without harming the meaning is essential.
The company employs around 180 employees across our current brands: Global Arbitration Review; Global Competition Review; Global Investigations Review; Global Restructuring Review; Latin Lawyer; Latin American Corporate Counsel Association; Who’s Who Legal; Getting the Deal Through; and The Law Reviews.
Our publications appear in print and online. Live events and conferences are held by our GAR, GCR, GIR, GRR, Latin Lawyer and LACCA brands.
The copy-editor will be expected to:
• Edit and proofread copy submitted by native and non-native English
speakers for our legal handbooks and journals.
• Lay out and copy-edit text in InDesign using custom-made templates for our brands.
• Apply house style for all our different brands.
• Liaise with the wider production team and other departments to ensure copy is edited and sent to press on time.
• Organise and manage workload to meet tight deadlines.
• Reword text sensitively without altering the meaning and raise queries for authors where necessary.
• Be responsible for putting a book together for press, including updating covers, preliminary matter and artwork.
What are we looking for?
• We are looking for a copy-editor who is able to demonstrate:
• Excellent attention to detail
• Excellent grammar
• Good comprehension and editing skills
• An ability to rewrite complicated text
• The following would also be advantageous:
• Experience in book publishing
• Knowledge of the law
• Knowledge of Adobe InDesign
Please send your CV and cover letter explaining why you will be an excellent fit. We look forward to receiving your application.
Sign up for job alerts - its free