Communications Industrial Placement (German speaking)
Brackley, United Kingdom
At the Mercedes-AMG Petronas Formula One Team, a group of passionate and determined people work to design, develop, manufacture and race the cars driven by seven-time World Champion Lewis Hamilton and Grand Prix winner George Russell.
The Communications Industrial Placement will provide the right candidate with the opportunity for hands-on experience across an array of teams within Communications and the wider Marketing function, working within a fast-paced, forward-thinking sports team.
We are looking for a passionate, capable, and proactive individual to join our team and facilitate delivery to our parent brand, Mercedes-AMG, working closely to support our Mercedes-AMG Cooperation Manager. We strive for best-in-class delivery across all our Communications activities, working collaboratively and cross functionally to ensure first-class performance.
The successful candidate will support the Communications Team with a blend of project-based and administrative tasks to contribute to the goals of the team and the wider business.
Key Accountabilities (Duties)
Under the supervision of the Mercedes-AMG Cooperation Manager, the successful candidate will work across the following areas:
- Grand Prix activities for Mercedes-Benz national markets, including remotely supporting the Hospitality team to manage local hospitality programmes, planning Paddock Club ticket requirements for Mercedes-AMG and guest hosting;
- Grand Prix social media support for Mercedes-Benz national markets, supporting social media activations and race weekend output;
- Reviews and approvals of assets created during Mercedes-AMG driver activations (including internal distribution and to driver management teams), on race visuals, and for any team- or driver-related Mercedes-AMG and Mercedes-Benz content on social channels, websites and customer platforms;
- Coordinate and facilitate filming requests from Mercedes-AMG and Mercedes-Benz;
- Administration of cooperation meetings (agendas, notes and actions), activity logging and status, invoicing, team kit requirements;
- Planning and execution of factory events (together with the Events team) or HQ and local markets;
- Support Mercedes-AMG Cooperation manager with vehicle requests from team partners for activations and race weekends;
- Supporting Mercedes-AMG Cooperation Manager with Mercedes-AMG driver and management activations.
The following skills are required by the successful candidate:
- Native speaker proficiency and fluency in German;
• Experience working in an office environment;
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft 365 product suite;
• Interest in sports communications with a history that shows an education or extracurricular activities that align with the experience required;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and German;
• Able to work in a structured and organised way, able to multi-task and prioritise work in a fast-paced, busy office environment;
• Ability to work at all levels within an organisation and ‘roll your sleeves up’ to get things done;
• Ability to build good internal and external relationships with a range of stakeholders;
• A team player who enjoys taking on big challenges;
• A proven ability to work effectively in a high-achieving and demanding environment.
We’re looking for candidates with strong interests in motorsport and communications, and a passion for learning and being part of a team. Whatever your background, we believe that you will find your placement with us memorable, challenging and enriching.
We want to bring onboard a driven individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will have a strong work ethic and energy as well as being results orientated.
Given the nature of the company’s business a flexibility in hours and approach is required along with the ability to work under minimum supervision with a “can-do” attitude.
As a team we are always striving to improve. Our team members use feedback to develop and improve, and have a flexible, positive and ‘can-do’ approach to work given the variety of tasks the successful candidate will be required to complete.
Our riverside campus is powered by 100% renewably sourced energy and features an on-site gym and exercise studio, subsidised restaurant and on-site parking with EV chargers available.
We offer a competitive and attractive package of benefits including private medical cover, annual heath assessments, life assurance, 25 days holiday and a trackside familiarisation day.
At the heart of our performance are our people. Every member of our team has a voice and plays their part in contributing to our successes on and off the racetrack.
Through our Accelerate 25 programme, we are continuously working to make our team even more diverse and inclusive. Whatever your background, we believe that you will find working with us rewarding and enriching.
We welcome applications from everyone and are committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining the best and most talented individuals. We will look to provide sponsorship to candidates who require a visa to live and work in the UK, subject to meeting all the necessary Home Office requirements.
Recruitment timings and process:
Typically, our Industrial Placements are for a thirteen-month period starting in July 2024.
All assessments in the recruitment process are in English: this is the primary language used within the organisation and you need a good level of written and spoken English in the Industrial Placement role.
This position is office-based, at our campus in Brackley, United Kingdom.
Please submit your cover letter and CV as one PDF. Candidates will also be asked to complete our Industrial Placement questionnaire as part of the application process. You may apply for more than one placement but please note that you will have to complete the questionnaire for each application.
The closing date for applications is Tuesday 26 September 2023 at
23:59 British Summer Time.
Click here to apply today, or via the apply now button below!