Commercial Undergraduate 2023
MBDA Missile Systems – Together. For the Future of Defence.
Commercial 10 month Undergraduate Placement
The Commercial team work across the MBDA's product range and help to maintain and improve the business aspects of MBDA. We negotiate all the Contracts within the UK and handle all the formal Customer liaison contributing to the overall business objectives. Our team works together to ensure that we work in the most effective way, there is also a huge depth and breadth of legal and commercial knowledge available to support you within your role.
During your placement, you will experience some of the following:
- Being a key player in the winning of new work and maintaining the viability of MBDA.
- Being a part of the delivery chain that ensures MBDA meets all its promises to customers.
- Be a key point of contact, for business related matters, for the area you are working in.
- Working with people at different levels, giving you exposure to senior level management, within the MBDA business.
- Experience handling, maintaining and understanding data, both financial and contractual
- Every day is different you will be involved with a wide variety of different activities and tasks.
Due to the size of the MBDA Commercial team we can offer "mini" placements within various Commercial teams looking expand your experiences of the role.
We will provide on the job training to develop your skills in;
- Understanding how a contract is agreed, maintained and closed.
- Understanding how MBDA price and quote for new work.
- Building and maintaining relationships.
- How to represent others at a variety of meetings (internal and external to MBDA).
- Analysing and solving issues.
- How to influence business decisions.
- Utilising software packages such as ‘Excel' and ‘Word'
- Time management.
This will be achieved through support and mentorship from a team that has many years of experience! And you will gain a broad and comprehensive understanding of MBDA products.
Entry criteria, Salary and Start Date
- Currently studying towards a minimum of 2.2 degree in subjects such as Business Management, Law, Economics or a Degree with Business Modules.
- A confident, articulate communicator, both written and verbal.
- Comfortable building working relationships.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Analytical in approach.
- £20,000 salary (pro rata)
- 10 month placement to start September 2023
Why consider us?
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.
Apply now by clicking here, or using the 'apply now' button below.
MBDA UK Limited
MBDA, a world leader in missiles and missile systems, is a multinational group with 10,000 employees at industrial facilities in France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Germany, Spain and the United States.
MBDA UK Limited Interview Reviews
28 July 2017
The initial interview was very much standard, with standard interview questions. Ensure you read the competencies they are looking for before hand, and make sure you come up with...
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :commercial undergraduate mbda limited
People who applied for this job also applied for:
Trainee Recruitment Consultant - WEST END, London - TRIDENT INTERNATIONAL
£30,000 to £40,000 OTE
Remote (work from home), London
Graduate Data Management Consultant – paid to train
£34k Starting Salary
Business Development Graduate - Dublin
£30,000 + Area Allowance
Republic of Ireland
Project Management Graduate Programme
Babcock International Group
Industrial Operations Purchasing Graduate
Jaguar Land Rover
Human Resources People Experience Undergraduate
Jaguar Land Rover
South East, West Midlands, Whitley