Commercial Industrial Placement - Mercedes-AMG Petronas Formula One Team
Commercial Industrial Placement
Brackley, United Kingdom
At the Mercedes-AMG Petronas Formula One Team, a group of passionate and determined people work to design, develop, manufacture and race the cars driven by seven-time World Champion Lewis Hamilton and Grand Prix winner George Russell.
Whether working in our Operations, Technical, Race or Business Support functions, we are all in and aspire to build the greatest team in the history of our sport.
Every individual plays their part. No stone is left unturned in the chase for every tenth of a second. The history of our sport is long and rich, and we are continuing our journey with renewed effort year on year. Record books remember the names of a few, but history is written by the many.
About the Role:
As a Commercial Industrial Placement, you will be contributing to revenue-generating opportunities for the Team, principally contributing to the acquisition of partners, and supporting on our retail and e-commerce businesses.
This represents an outstanding opportunity for anyone who is seeking to start a career in top-tier global sports marketing. The successful candidate will undertake research and analysis of brands, develop insights (supported with appropriate data) and produce data-led content to support sponsorship proposals within our Commercial team in the Marketing Department.
You will support on, and take ownership of, certain strategic commercial projects related to Mercedes-AMG F1 – under the guidance of senior team members.
This will include initiatives related to our retail and e-commerce programmes. You will also provide overall administrative support to the Commercial Team including event planning, gifting, and SAP.
Successful candidates will have:
- At least one year left on your studies at the time of taking up the placement in July 2024
- Confident communicator, highly articulate, well-read, and socially dynamic with the motivation and resilience to handle this highly challenging and fast paced environment
- Proactive approach and ability to work both independently and as a part of a broader project team
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise & manage multiple projects and stakeholders at once
- Able to work in a high-performance environment and deliver against challenging deadlines
- Willingness to learn new approaches and adapt to different working styles
- Strong MS Excel skills – confident with data analysis
- Strong MS PowerPoint skills to enable development of insightful and recommendation driven presentations
- Quantitative degree from University
- Interest or experience in sports business and/or e-commerce / marketing / digital media/ leisure & entertainment/ sustainability
- Skills you could gain from your placement include:
- Understanding the commercial & marketing landscape of elite sport
- Analysing and manipulating big datasets as well as financial analysis and modelling skills
- Crafting compelling storylines from data-driven insights
- Project management and stakeholder management
Our riverside campus is powered by 100% renewably sourced energy and features an on-site gym and exercise studio, subsidised restaurant and on-site parking with EV chargers available.
We offer a competitive and attractive package of benefits including private medical cover, annual heath assessments, life assurance, 25 days holiday and a trackside familiarisation day.
At the heart of our performance are our people. Every member of our team has a voice and plays their part in contributing to our successes on and off the racetrack.
Through our Accelerate 25 programme, we are continuously working to make our team even more diverse and inclusive. Whatever your background, we believe that you will find working with us rewarding and enriching.
We welcome applications from everyone and are committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining the best and most talented individuals. We will look to provide sponsorship to candidates who require a visa to live and work in the UK, subject to meeting all the necessary Home Office requirements.
Recruitment timings and process:
Typically, our Industrial Placements are for a thirteen-month period starting in July 2024.
All assessments in the recruitment process are in English: this is the primary language used within the organisation and you need a good level of written and spoken English in the Industrial Placement role.
This position is office-based, at our campus in Brackley, United Kingdom.
Please submit your cover letter and CV as one PDF. Candidates will also be asked to complete our Industrial Placement questionnaire as part of the application process. You may apply for more than one placement but please note that you will have to complete the questionnaire for each application.
The closing date for applications is Tuesday 26 September 2023 at
23:59 British Summer Time.
Click here to apply today, or via the apply button below!
Mercedes-AMG PETRONAS Formula One Team is the works team of Mercedes-Benz, competing at the pinnacle of motorsport – the FIA Formula One™ World Championship.
Elsewhere on graduate-jobs.com
Related :commercial industrial placement mercedes amg petronas formula
People who applied for this job also applied for:
Milwaukee Field Marketing Executives – Graduate Leadership Programme – Autumn 2023
South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, North West, North East
Graduate Analyst - TPP
Next - Trainee Merchandiser Graduate Scheme
The East, East Midlands, Leicester
Graduate scheme £28,000 Base
£28,000 Base + Commission £35,000 OTE
London, Monument, Billingsgate
Sales Development Representative / Business Development Representative
£25,000 to 35,000 + commission
Remote (work from home), London
Account Manager - TPP - £60,000