Commercial Graduate Scheme 2020 - Immediate Start
Due to strong and continued business growth Sherwin- Williams are looking for two ambitious, passionate and commercially minded graduates to embark on a 2 year rotational Graduate Programme.
The Commercial Graduate position works alongside our Commercial and Marketing Teams on a variety of projects in order to gain exposure to and a detailed understanding of our business operation. The role holder will develop technical expertise and build a strong career foundation through working with our commercial and marketing teams that will develop personal effectiveness and impact, commercial and financial awareness and customer focus. Other areas covered will include: Induction; Presentation Skills; Career Management and Sales Training.
The programme consists of four six-month placements in the following teams:
- Commercial – Kingfisher Sales,
- Trade & DIY
- Accounts teams
Within each team a mentor will be assigned to support integration into the organisation and development of each graduate through the programme with the requirement to complete the following:
- Be responsible for day to day activities in the role
- Work on a key project
- Write a report at the end of each placement with recommendations for improvement
1. Commercial – Kingfisher Sales / Trade & DIY / Accounts
Understand and support our partnership with B&Q through our Kingfisher team
Work within the Trade & DIY channel to understand its operation
Work alongside our Account Management team to understand their customers and operation
Understand what our competitors do
Undertake a project to review what works well currently and areas for improvement in a key area
- Channel Marketing – Instore POS and Trade Shows
- Brand Marketing – Social Media and PR
- Product Marketing – Competitor product analysis and packaging design
- Undertake a project
Sherwin-Williams is the largest paints and coatings company in the world. With $18 billion in sales, more than 4,100 stores, and 140 manufacturing and distribution centers worldwide. Our 60,000 employees across the globe are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to launch and grow a career. At Sherwin-Williams, we're proud of the company we keep — our family of loyal employees.
What are we looking for?
- We are looking for talented and self-motivated individuals with a proven track record of successfully applying themselves both academically and through work experience.
- You must have a degree in a Business related subject, or if not, then a degree in any subject with a Masters in a Business related subject
- You will need to be a team player, able to develop professional relationships with both colleagues and clients; a clear communicator who acts openly and honestly with respect for others
- You should be results orientated with a ‘can do’ approach
- It is important to us that you are curious and open minded, keen to use your initiative and look for opportunities for self-development
- You should be able to demonstrate a good understanding of the market in which Sherwin- Williams operates
- IT proficiency and report writing skills with excellent business English with good attention to detail are also required
- Please note you will need the existing right to work in the country you apply for. Sherwin-Williams is unable to sponsor work permits or visas.
MyKindaFuture help students explore their career options post-education, be that apprenticeships, college, or university and graduate employment.