Commercial Graduate Scheme 2020 - Immediate Start
Due to strong and continued business growth Sherwin- Williams are looking for two ambitious, passionate and commercially minded graduates to embark on a 2 year rotational Graduate Programme.
The Commercial Graduate position works alongside our Commercial and Marketing Teams on a variety of projects in order to gain exposure to and a detailed understanding of our business operation. The role holder will develop technical expertise and build a strong career foundation through working with our commercial and marketing teams that will develop personal effectiveness and impact, commercial and financial awareness and customer focus. Other areas covered will include: Induction; Presentation Skills; Career Management and Sales Training.
The programme consists of four six-month placements in the following teams:
- Commercial – Kingfisher Sales,
- Trade & DIY
- Accounts teams
Within each team a mentor will be assigned to support integration into the organisation and development of each graduate through the programme with the requirement to complete the following:
- Be responsible for day to day activities in the role
- Work on a key project
- Write a report at the end of each placement with recommendations for improvement
1. Commercial – Kingfisher Sales / Trade & DIY / Accounts
Understand and support our partnership with B&Q through our Kingfisher team
Work within the Trade & DIY channel to understand its operation
Work alongside our Account Management team to understand their customers and operation
Understand what our competitors do
Undertake a project to review what works well currently and areas for improvement in a key area
- Channel Marketing – Instore POS and Trade Shows
- Brand Marketing – Social Media and PR
- Product Marketing – Competitor product analysis and packaging design
- Undertake a project
Sherwin-Williams is the largest paints and coatings company in the world. With $18 billion in sales, more than 4,100 stores, and 140 manufacturing and distribution centers worldwide. Our 60,000 employees across the globe are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to launch and grow a career. At Sherwin-Williams, we're proud of the company we keep — our family of loyal employees.
What are we looking for?
- We are looking for talented and self-motivated individuals with a proven track record of successfully applying themselves both academically and through work experience.
- You must have a degree in a Business related subject, or if not, then a degree in any subject with a Masters in a Business related subject
- You will need to be a team player, able to develop professional relationships with both colleagues and clients; a clear communicator who acts openly and honestly with respect for others
- You should be results orientated with a ‘can do’ approach
- It is important to us that you are curious and open minded, keen to use your initiative and look for opportunities for self-development
- You should be able to demonstrate a good understanding of the market in which Sherwin- Williams operates
- IT proficiency and report writing skills with excellent business English with good attention to detail are also required
- Please note you will need the existing right to work in the country you apply for. Sherwin-Williams is unable to sponsor work permits or visas.
MyKindaFuture help students explore their career options post-education, be that apprenticeships, college, or university and graduate employment.
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :commercial graduate scheme immediate sherwin williams nationwide mykindafuture
People who applied for this job also applied for:
Sales Graduate Management Programme
£37,000 per annum
South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, Wales, North West, North East, Scotland, Yorkshire, Nationwide
Marketing and Sales Graduate
3Michael Page International Recruitment Ltd
Foxtons Trainee Estate Agent
£24,500 +Uncapped commission+company car
Recruitment Consultant - London
20000 to 50000
G2V Recruitment Group Ltd
Logistics Graduate Management Programme
£37,000 per annum
South East, South West, The East, Nationwide, Exeter, Peterborough, Southampton, Avonmouth, Bridgend, Brackla, Gravesend (west), Northfleet, Belvedere, Lessness Heath, Newton Aycliffe & Heighington, Doncaster, Runcorn
Graduate Recruitment Consultant - London
7Spencer Ogden Ltd
South East, London