|Salary:||£24,934 + benefits|
|Location:||South East, South West, London, West Midlands, Scotland|
|Sectors:||Management, Military & Defence, Buying & Merchandising|
Location: Andover, Bristol, Corsham, Glasgow, High Wycombe, Lichfield, Portsmouth, Sutton Coldfield
If you’re considering a career in Procurement and Contract Management, the Ministry of Defence (MOD) offers a challenging opportunity like no other. The portfolio of MOD’s business is unique. We acquire and support an extensive range of equipment, services and infrastructure to support the Armed Forces; from food ration packs and army boots, to aircraft carriers and helicopters, and everything in between. And it doesn’t stop there.
We are looking to develop future leaders with specialist commercial knowledge and skills, as these are critical to the overall success of the Department and Civil Service.
You will complete a fixed two year programme in a range of commercial roles across different areas of the MOD. Upon joining, you will complete induction training and embark on your MOD specific training and internationally recognised professional studies towards achieving MCIPS, with the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS).
Alongside this training, you will work in a variety of placements of typically 6 months’ duration, across various business areas within the MOD to provide you with practical experience of the commercial role.
You will be provided with real experience in:
• Developing appropriate contracting methods and strategies
• Agreeing and evaluating tenders against specifications
• Negotiating with Industry, including pricing and payment considerations
• European Union Procurement and Intellectual Property Law
• Supplier relations and contract management
• Risk mitigation and management
You will receive ongoing support throughout the Programme from the DCGP management team, the Sponsor placement team, experienced Mentors, and past and present Programme members.
At the end of the Programme, provided you have achieved the standards expected, you will be offered the opportunity to move into a middle management professional role within the sponsoring business area’s commercial function. Beyond this, you will be supported during the next phase of your career as you aim towards roles in the commercial senior leadership team.
We are seeking individuals who
• Enjoy solving complex problems and can deliver clear and effective solutions
• Have high standards of written and verbal communication
• Are keen on embracing change
• Are willing to share information, knowledge and skills
• Have a strong focus on meeting customer requirements
• Can understand the bigger picture whilst dealing with the essential detail
• Are keen to seek out new opportunities for learning, self-development and career development
• Are prepared to commit to a 2 year development programme
Candidates must have a 2:2 degree, or be predicted to achieve a 2:2 degree by July 2018. Applications from candidates with degrees in, or related to, the following subjects are particularly encouraged: Law; Business Management; Business Studies; Procurement; Logistics/Supply Chain Management; English; History. This list is not exhaustive and other similar degrees will be considered. Depending upon the volume of applications received, the degree subject may be taken into account during the sift process.
Closing Date: 28th February 2018.
To apply please click here or the Apply Now button
Sign up for job alerts - its free
Competitive plus benefits London, Glasgow, Scotland, Leeds, Yorkshire Various
Competitive plus benefits London ASAP
competitive plus benefits West Midlands, Birmingham ASAP
Competitive plus benefits Glasgow, Scotland, Leeds, Yorkshire Ongoing
competitive plus benefits South East, South West, Portsmouth ASAP