Commercial Graduate (Chorley, Lancashire)
Our vision is to be the leading customer service focused provider of specialist utility and infrastructure solutions operating on both public and private networks. Providing great customer service is at the heart of what we do, and our commitment is to deliver this safely and innovatively through our highly skilled teams.
Ipsum has grown via the acquisition of companies with strong expertise that have been operating in the UK Utility and Infrastructure sectors for more than 20 years.
We operate across a National footprint working with customers such as Openreach, United Utilities and UK Power Networks, as well as some of the UK’s largest industrial and retail businesses.
We are committed to supporting and developing our people to achieve their full potential. If you join us, as well as learning on the job, we offer structured learning in the form of apprenticeship programmes and sponsoring relevant professional qualifications. If your qualification gives you membership of an accredited professional body then we will reimburse your annual membership fee. Investing in our people and enhancing our expertise and flexibility enables us to deliver the highest standard of service to our customers.
We really value our people and so we like to look after them. In addition to an attractive salary, if you work for us, you’ll enjoy a range of employee benefits which you can explore more about by visiting our website www.ipsumutilities.com.
The purpose of the Commercial graduate programme is to provide the opportunity to experience working across a wide range of areas including Commercial, Finance and HR as well as working closely with Operations to develop both specialist and people skills.
Developing the commercial acumen, experience and knowledge to provide effective commercial support, at the end of the programme, we’ll help you work out how you want to progress your career within Ipsum. As an ambitious and growing company, you could quickly have overall commercial responsibility for selected key projects, contracts or areas.
- Build and maintain successful working cross-functional relationships across Ipsum including with the wider Commercial team and Finance, HR and Health & Safety/ Compliance.
- Build and maintain close working relationships with the Operational teams to enable the delivery of the schedules by reviewing with Operations the available resources including shift pattern arrangements, holidays, training needs, fleet availability and sickness days.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with customer commercial teams to facilitate the prompt and constructive resolution of issues or potential issues.
- Monitor and report on job specific activities, providing relevant reports and management information including: Aged debt balance and breakdown of issues and actions; Orders received in the previous month; TCEs/ quotations logged in the previous month
- Cross check the Operation P&Ls and produce weekly updates.
- Attend meetings as required with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensuring revenue for works delivered is applied for by raising payment applications/ invoices through to customers.
- Manage invoices through to payment receipts managing the reconciliation process between applications/ invoices and payments.
- Identify missing payments or misalignments in the data.
- Maintain the various commercial systems inclusive of updating after payment receipts are received.
- Take ownership of the historical debt balance and ensure actions are taken to minimise debt growing.
- Maintain the quotation log system.
Graduate or soon to be graduate with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in any discipline.
Knowledge & Experience
As a graduate you will be provided with all relevant training. You will drive your own learning and development with guidance and coaching from your manager and colleagues. You will be supported on your journey towards professional membership of a relevant professional body, for example RICS/ ICM.
Skills & Personal Qualities
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong attention to detail and level of accuracy in work produced.
- Effective prioritising and organisational skills and able to work to strict deadlines.
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Able to adapt quickly to new challenges.
- Thrives in fast-paced environments.
- Passionate to work in a customer-focused environment.
- Flexibility to travel/ relocate.
Ipsum is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Ipsum Group Limited
Ipsum Group is a modern and progressive utilities and infrastructure services business delivering innovative and specialist services to our clients.
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :commercial graduate chorley lancashire ipsum limited
People who applied for this job also applied for:
Graduate Marketing Executive
£28000 to £35000 per annum
IT Graduate Recruitment
Tutor - North West - Explore Learning
Trainee Recruitment Consultant 2021 - Central London
£30,000 to £40,000 OTE
£20,000 basic salary + uncapped commission
G&E Partners Limited
Manchester Graduate Recruitment Consultant - Immediate Start
21,000 to 30,000
Gravitas Recruitment Group
North West, Manchester
£25000 to £30000 + Commission & Bonus
Buchanan Search Limited