Commercial Development Graduate
- £25000 to £30000 + £15000 OTE + benefits + OTE + expenses
- 28th September 2019
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
Our client is a start-up company that has just recieved its Series-A round of investment funding and has doubled in size already in 2019. This company was established in 2012 out of the cyber-security and linguistic departments of a top UK University who wanted to use artificial intelligence powered technology to fight cyber-crimes. The technology has since evolved into a Customer-profiling tool by Global organisations such as Unilever, Asos and Apple. The company has since grown to 40-people and has opened trendy offices in Central London – with a New York office on the horizon in the next few months. This company sells a SaaS marketing platform that enables its clients to better target and understand their customers and in turn increase revenues. The company is already dominating the UK market and currently has no competitors. The company has recently hired a brand-new VP Sales who has a wealth of experience in hiring and developing top quality graduates sales people. The existing Commercial Development Representative who was hired just 6-months ago has already been progressed into a client facing role.
What is the role, exactly?
The Commercial Development Representative role is a rotational role, you will be spending the first 4-weeks in the ‘Account Management’ team and the second 4-weeks in the Business Development team.
· Gain a deep understanding of the product and its commercial benefits.
· Spend time with the Account Management team understanding how to maintain client relationships and increase revenue in existing accounts.
· Work with the VP Sales to determine what type of companies you want to target.
· Research target companies on LinkedIn to identify the key decision makers.
· Follow up on leads generated by the Marketing team, Channel partners and field activity.
· Pursue prospective clients using the phone, email and social media and attend meetings.
· At the end of the 8-weeks decide which part of the business you want to be in.
Why do I want this job?
· There are only 20 people in the London office, so this is an opportunity to be a founding member of what is predicted to be a ‘Unicorn start-up’.
· You will travel to client meetings and industry events.
· You will work closely with the VP Sales in a close-knit team.
· You will develop your skills more quickly than in other graduate roles because you will be exposed to Account Management and Sales.
· The company are passionate about promoting talented people and will give you more responsibility than you could imagine from day one. The company allows your progression path to be determined by your skills, personality and aptitude. There is also the opportunity to move to one of the Global offices in the future.
· The company prides itself on its culture: fun, light-hearted, fiercely competitive and supportive.
Benefits and Fun Stuff
· £25,000 basic which increases to £30,000 after 12-weeks.
· MacBook Air.
· Weekly and monthly Lunch Club incentives.
· Drinks in the city every Friday.
· Brand new, branded offices with a social area and cupboards and fridges full of snacks, wine and beer!
· Quarterly team outings to places like shuffle boarding.
· A high achiever with a track record of success.
· Motivated by money.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Good at table tennis J
If you believe that you are the kind of high-flying, entrepreneurial individual who would thrive in this role, we want to hear from you! Please note that as Venatrix receives over 1,000 applications per week for around 20 roles, we are unable to respond to each one individually. If you do not hear from us within two working days of your application, you have probably been unsuccessful in this instance.
Sign up for job alerts - its free