Collateral Operations Analyst
Location: Manchester, this is a hybrid position, working 2 days per week in the office
Number of positions: 5
- Apply online
- Complete online aptitude test
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with hiring manager
Collateral Operations Group Overview and Team Functions
The Collateral Operations group is a global team within the Global Operations & Technology division is responsible for supporting our clients’ collateral, portfolio reconciliations and dispute management processes. Our clients include many of the premier pension funds, mutual funds, hedge funds, endowments and other financial institutions that use over-the counter and cleared derivatives to manage their financial risks. Collateral Operations is an increasingly specialized function that is vital to counterparty credit risk management. The team is part of the recently formed Derivatives Middle Office Center of Excellence in which staff have an exceptional opportunity to implement change and develop highly transferable skillsets. Amongst others these include, complex derivative product knowledge covering swaps, options, forwards, and futures, project management, an understanding of post-trade derivatives workflow and key industry processing systems, and client support and relationship management.
Main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Applies expertise and judgement in providing quality, and complex client service and support to internal and external clients on a daily basis, including phone interaction, problem resolution, transaction processing (i.e., STP, manual), reconciliations and accounting services, and updates to client accounts in a timely manner.
- Performs complex operational tasks in a product or functional area. Conducts independent analysis and policy interpretation. Performs complex, manual processing of updates to client accounts or company records. Responsible for reconciliations, including reconciling cash breaks, position differences, and gathering and compiling data.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for clients and executes all correspondent requisites in a timely and accurate manner with an understanding of the underlying business and specific client needs.
- Provides product knowledge and technical assistance, determining when the more complex problems should be referred to a supervisor or senior professional.
- Review and check work of other Client Processing Support staff and help resolve escalated issues.
- Responsible for the quality and completion of own work.
The role is perfect for you if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics, Law, Bookkeeping, or similar field, however we equally welcome graduates of all degrees
- You are proactive, have a focused attitude towards work and an ability to consistently meet deadlines and have interest in advancing technical knowledge specific to derivative and collateral product knowledge
- Established English written and verbal communication skills
- You have genuine interest in a career in financial services
- Ability to think critically to understand existing processes and identify opportunities for improvement
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas to internal and external audiences
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- You are PC literate, including proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office (advanced experience in Excel)
- You have experience working in an office environment
- The successful candidate must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK
Desired skills and experience
- Proficiency in data management, reporting and valuations
- Experience and/or knowledge of derivatives, reconciliations, brokerage, trade, settlements and cash processing are all skills transferrable to this role but not a barrier to entry as on-the-job product training will be available
- Familiarity with reconciliations
WHAT YOU'LL GET:
- 4-week paid training programme (442GBP gross weekly)
- Access to additional learning with our training Academy
- 12 months full-time contract - starting salary 23,000GBP yearly gross
- Experience in a Global environment
- Pay transparency and salary increase after 6 months
- Career mentor for full duration of the programme
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON DIVERSITY
We take great pride in celebrating the diversity of every person who contributes to making Wiley Edge the company it is today
Wiley Edge is a graduate talent partner, working with a range of clients from global investment banks to up-and-coming FinTech’s, to provide them top technology and banking talent.
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :finance jobs manchester computing & it jobs manchester collateral operations analyst wiley edge
People who applied for this job also applied for:
Euroclear Graduate IT Analyst - (Design, Build, Test and Support)
Amberside Valuations - Graduate Programme
£28,000 + benefits + bonus + expenses with salary review
South East, Hemel Hempstead
Graduate Analyst - TPP
Local Government Graduate Finance Programme
8Finance The Future
Graduate Business Development – (Heathrow, Birmingham, Manchester, Newcastle) – Summer 2023
£33,000 + Area Allowance
London, West Midlands, North West, North East, Birmingham, Manchester, Newcastle upon Tyne, Heathrow
Audit Graduate Programme
HAT Group of Accountants