Client Associate/ Executive - SMG
SMG is an award-winning network of specialist commerce agencies - Threefold, Capture and our tech led agency, Plan-Apps. At SMG, our people are at the heart of everything we do and we are proud to provide opportunities for career growth, recognising and rewarding great work, and doing this within an inclusive, highly flexible, and innovative environment.
We are dedicated to support our employees to be the best version of themselves both inside and outside of work. We have an extraordinary culture built by exceptional people and it’s because of this that we’ve been recognised by Best Companies within the top 5 best Marketing & Media agencies to work for, with a World Class and Outstanding accreditation across the past 2 years.
Across the group, we have a shared mission to lead connected commerce marketing.
We are looking for a Client Executive / Associate to join our agency partnership with Morrisons based in Bradford. You will be part of the in-house team operating as the Morrisons Media Group, focusing on connecting their brands with a large base of shoppers.
This fast-paced role will see you manage a portfolio of clients and FMCG brands. You will be accountable for the delivery of campaigns, from initial strategy development and briefing, through to implementation and evaluation.
What you'll be doing
We pride ourselves on creating challenging and exciting opportunities, meaning that no two days are the same. However, here's an idea of what your responsibilities will look like:
- Develop proposals and strategies based on supplier budgets to create cohesive media plan that will deliver against KPIs.
- Liaise with a variety of stakeholders to activate FMCG branded activity across a range of channels, including on and offsite media within agreed timelines, following creative guidelines.
- Work to ensure all content (including but not limited to media plans, status reports, performance reviews and recommendations) are completed to a high standard.
- Build positive relationships with our clients, nuancing your approach with different stakeholders and ensure you present yourself as a trusted member of the team.
- Support wider organisational projects, helping to create a great workplace and supporting with SMG’s mission to lead connected commerce marketing.
What you'll need to have
- Previous experience within a similar role.
- An interest in working and growing a career within a marketing agency.
- The ability to "think differently": As one of our key behaviours here at SMG, you won't be afraid to approach problems from a different angle or challenge the status quo.
- Great organisational skills with excellent attention to detail and ability to follow processes.
- A ‘can do’ attitude and strong work ethic to get stuck in and provide best in class marketing campaigns and client servicing.
- Exceptional communication and relationship skills for managing key stakeholders.
P.S. we try really hard to make sure that we list only essential criteria here, BUT if you think you can do an amazing job, yet don't have every single thing on this list, we'd still love to hear from you.
The best bits
Here at SMG we are dedicated to continuously reviewing and improving our benefits package to offer the best that we can for our people. We have a whole page dedicated to our benefits here, but here's some of our favourites...
- Generous discretionary bonus scheme
- £1,200 yearly wellbeing fund (on top of your salary!) towards your personal wellbeing and passions
- 4 additional Wellbeing Days - one to be taken each quarter, dedicated to focusing on your wellbeing
- £500 yearly “Uni Fund” towards learning and development
- Free headspace subscription
- 4pm Friday finishes all year round
- Two fully paid conferences a year at Summer & Winter, as well as a dedicated team that put on activities and celebrations throughout the year
1. We will invite you to a virtual 1st stage interview which we try to keep relatively informal, so it gives you the opportunity to share your authentic self. The hiring team will be looking to understand more about your experience and why you're interested in working with us.
2. If successful, you will then be invited to a Recruitment Day at our office in Bradford for the 2nd stage which will last a little longer, and involve some form of task to showcase your ability.
3. We then provide feedback from second stage interviews and let you know if you have been successful.
Helping you shine
We are committed to helping you shine and show your full potential by making any changes you might need throughout your application. If you need an alternative way of applying for this role, support with understanding the role and its requirements, changes to be made to the way we hold our interviews, or anything else, then please reach out to us. You can either let us know on your application form or contact the people team to discuss how we can help on email@example.com.
SMG are proud to be an equal opportunities employer
We are fully committed to providing equality in the workplace and ensure all opportunities for, and during employment, will be afforded to individuals fairly and irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race including colour, ethnic or national origins and nationality, religion or belief or sexual orientation ("the protected characteristics"). We want our organisation to reflect the diversity of our communities and we welcome applications from people from all backgrounds. More information on what we are doing can be found here.