Capita Novus - Software Tester - London
- Competitive + benefits
- London, Nationwide
- 14th November 2019
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
Ignite your career in IT with Capita
Capita has been working across the public and private sectors for more than 30 years improving customer and public services and adding value to the UK and local economies.
Our 63,000 employees combine our talent, creativity, software, technology and innovation to deliver business critical services and solutions across all our markets, solving the complex challenges of our clients, increasing productivity and enhancing their use of technology and data.
What our Software Testing programme provides you with
Our IT skills development programme – Novus, provides you with industry approved free training and work experience that will launch your career in software testing.
Supported by the British Computer Society’s IT skills framework the programme begins with 8-16 weeks of exclusive training based in London, focusing on the newest and most relevant industry methodologies and tools working towards certifications from various professional bodies including the BCS and ISTQB.
During training, you will receive financial support by way of a training bursary, and upon successful completion of the core training modules, you will have the opportunity to be employed on a two-year contract, working on internal assignments or on-site with one of our prestigious blue-chip clients. You will be involved with some of the most exciting projects across the UK. Your day to day activities may include analysing customer requirements, identifying test cases, test data/environment/automation script preparation and production using Selenium.
What we look for
Our values are important to us and define who we are as an organisation. We have a culture that is open, collaborative and innovative and we’re looking for enthusiastic talented people with the skills, knowledge and attitude to become part of our team and deliver great service to our clients.
- A minimum of 2:2 in an undergraduate degree, ideally Computer Science
or STEM related
• Good knowledge of programming skills in either Java, C# or C
• Analytical mind and a keen eye for detail
• Good communication and liaison skills
• A passion for technology and problem solving
• Ability to understand, interpret, deliver and measure against business-driven requirements
• Good all-round IT skills, with experience of the Microsoft Office Suite
• Following training able to relocate UK wide if required for work assignments
• Available to start training in London in November 2019
What you’ll receive
As well as the ongoing support of Capita professionals during the programme you will have the opportunity to further your career on completion. Alongside these career enhancing benefits, you’ll also receive:
- Industry aligned competitive salary
• Bi-annual bonuses based on performance reviews
• Financial reward on completion of the two-year programme
• Enrolment onto Capita’s pension scheme
• Flexible benefits such as share scheme, additional holiday purchase, discounted gym membership, cinema tickets and restaurant vouchers.
If you have a passion for technology and problem solving, then we would like to hear from you! Apply now to start your Novus journey today and be part of a graduate programme that values and invests in your future.
Sign up for job alerts - its free