|Salary:||£16,000 during training increasing to £24000|
|Location:||Northern Ireland, Belfast|
|Sectors:||Engineering, Computing & IT, Science & Technology|
Capita IT Resourcing’s prestigious graduate programme – Novus, offers you the opportunity to kick start your career and be well on your way to succeeding as an IT professional.
About the training
The programme begins in our Manchester training academy (accommodation provided) with 8 weeks of paid training supported by the British Computer Society’s IT skills framework, SFIAplus. The syllabus focuses on up to date industry relevant methodologies and practices, such as behavioural skills, data analysis, systems design, database design, programming/software development, and systems integration.
Upon completion of your training you will placed on site in Greater Belfast for 2 years with a leading Capita business that supplies technology-enabled solutions and services across both the private and public sectors.
About the role
Reporting to the Application Services Team Leader, you will be responsible for developing and supporting IT applications for Capita’s key customers in Northern Ireland.
• Development, testing and implementation of new application projects or
enhancements to fully meet customer requirements
• Development, testing and implementation of software fixes for reported defects
• Maintain Development / Test, Production and Disaster Recovery Environments
• Develop and maintain Application Roadmaps
You will be an enthusiastic individual with a passion for technology, and programming, with some practical coding skills in at least one programming language (C#, C++, Python, VB.net, or Java). Strong communication skills both written and spoken are also vital, as well as the following pre requisites:
• Minimum 2:2 Degree, 3rd level standard or equivalent education
• Able to attend 8 weeks paid training in Manchester (accommodation provided) prior to starting work in Greater Belfast.
• Demonstrable understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle
• Analytical mind and a keen eye for detail
• A passion for technology and problem solving or programming
• Committed to the programme for 2 Years
• All candidates must be able to demonstrate a pre-existing right to work in the UK for a minimum of 2 years. Documentary proof will be requested at interview.
Please Note: Should you leave the training programme prior to completion, or within an initial period of employment, some training costs may be repayable.
Sign up for job alerts - its free
Competitive London ASAP
Competitive plus benefits London ASAP
Competitive London ASAP
Competitive North West, Manchester ASAP
Competitive South East, Southend-on-Sea, London, West Midlands, Telford, North West, Aston, Sale, Woking 1-Sep-2018
£40,000 plus benefits Yorkshire ASAP
Competitive South East, South West, Winchester ASAP
Competitive plus benefits plus Bonus London, The East, Cambridge 6-Sep-2018
Competitive depending on experience London, Central London, North West, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland ASAP