Capgemini - Education Outreach Co-ordinator Internship (12 Months)
- South East, London, Woking
- Apply by:
- Start date:
(12 Month fixed term contract)
Who you’ll be working with
You will be part of a wider HR UK Talent team within our Core Services team. You will work with members of our HR team, primarily our Recruitment team, Marketing, CR&S and client focussed teams.
Often described as ‘a corporate company with a start-up feeling’, Capgemini is a giant in the technology sector for the fact that we invest in helping our people finding their natural path by exposing them to a myriad of opportunities. The resulting atmosphere is one of progressive excitement, in which field experts support junior colleagues as they identify their areas of interest, with the added benefit of a client base that includes well-known brands from both the private and public sectors.
The Focus of Your Role
This is a brilliant opportunity for an individual wanting to start their career with a real bang. The successful person will work with the Capgemini Education team. The team’s purpose is to provide awareness for school students about Apprenticeships and the skills needed to be successful in the workplace, to support our external brand especially around diversity and skills and to support our own people to volunteer in education activities.
The prime function of this role is to enable our people to connect with students, schools and educational charities, so the successful applicant will have the opportunity daily to showcase their excellent organisational skills.
What you’ll do
* Manage our fantastic work experience programme, giving young people from all backgrounds a taste of corporate life. This will be highly administrative, but with lots of people interaction and the chance to create new solutions.
* Promote and manage the opportunities for our people to volunteer, via our in-house portal.
* Maintain and keep diligent records of our events, impact, feedback and contacts utilising your strong Excel skills
* Work with our key educational charity partners to ensure we get maximum opportunities from our agreed programmes
* Promote Capgemini to teachers, parents/carers, students and careers advisors
* Manage Capgemini’s participation in a variety of events for students and teachers
What you’ll bring
* You will need fantastic people skills, as you need to be able to encourage employees to volunteer and senior stakeholders to offer up work experience.
* Excellent communicator – both written and oral, with good listening skills
* Excellent administrative and organisational skills
* Ability to create systems to measure and monitor what we do
* Ability to prioritise, manage a lot of things at once and ask for help
* Social media skills and a real interest in the tech and business world
* either a University degree or completed apprenticeship that shows your experience and interest in HR, or Marketing or Event Management
* Good PowerPoint and Excel skills
* Visual design skills like Adobe etc
* An understanding of the UK state school system
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we know that one solution doesn’t fit all. We appreciate that outstanding technical solutions become all the more outstanding when ingenuity is applied to a thought-process. And we know that the secret to any successful organisation lies not just in the quality of work that it is producing, but in the people, who are behind this work. It is precisely this that makes Capgemini such a force to be reckoned with. Committed to applying ground-breaking technical approaches to organisations across a myriad of industries around the globe, we help our clients become more agile, competitive and successful.
Working collaboratively, our multidisciplinary people work in partnership with one another to help their clients achieve their goals. And with over 200,000 people and nearly 130 nationalities under our wing, plus an inclusive and diverse community where everyone is welcome, we nurture a team ethos that ensures we are truly representative of the colourful clients that we support.
This inclusive spirit extends to ensuring every member of our organisation is finding the ideal work/life balance. Empowering our people to discover what they are truly capable of, at Capgemini we will give you all the support you need to shape the future and bring your ideas to life.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
To meet security clearance requirements, you will need to have lived in the UK for the past five years. If you have spent more than six months outside the UK in that period, we will unfortunately not be able to consider you for the role.
At Capgemini, academics form part of our overall hiring decision but we don’t screen out purely on the basis of academic performance. We will assess your suitability for a role using a number of tools including strengths and critical reasoning assessments, video assessment and assessment centres.
Sign up for job alerts - its free