|Salary:||£40,000 to £45,000 depending on experience plus benefits|
|Sectors:||Management, Public Sector, Secretarial & Business Admin, Property,|
NHS Property Services Ltd is one of the largest property owners in the UK, with a £3 billion asset portfolio, some 4,000 properties, 3,000 employees and an annual income of over £700 million.
Established in April 2013, the company is a limited company but also part of the wider NHS family. Having inherited responsibility for the facilities and property management functions previously managed by NHS primary care trusts and strategic health authorities, we own and run properties that range from listed buildings and former workhouses through to award-winning, state-of-the-art integrated health campuses.
Our aim is to deliver outstanding quality across our estate in partnership with NHS organisations, generating cost efficiencies that will benefit our tenants, patients and the wider health economy.
Main purpose / scope of the role
We are looking for a high performing Business Manager to support the Chief Executive Officer across a range of her responsibilities.
This is an exciting and high profile opportunity within NHS Property Services. The Business Manager will work with the CEO and the Executive Directors to help shape, develop and progress issues that are central to the company.
You will be responsible for advising the CEO on key issues, projects and co-ordinating actions across the company.
Working alongside senior professionals you will have the opportunity to learn first-hand and develop your own career and commercial expertise.
- Reporting to the CEO ensuring all requests and queries are dealt with in a timely and appropriate manner;
- Advising the CEO on key organisational issues;
- Working with the Executive Assistant to ensure urgent requests are actioned / escalated to the CEO or one of the Executive Directors as appropriate and coordinate the response;
- Following up on key actions;
- Ensuring the CEO is fully briefed and has the relevant papers in advance of meetings;
- Commissioning, and in some cases drafting updates / briefings as required;
- Preparation with various Board Committee papers:
- Ensuring outstanding actions from the team are dealt with;
- Work with the Head of Strategy and Transformation and Executive Assistant to ensure the CEO’s time is effectively maximised; and
- Other ad-hoc projects as required
Essential skills and experience:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent;
- At least 2 years experience of working with and supporting very senior stakeholders within the private or public sector;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and interpersonal skills. The role will involve dealing with senior management, and also establishing strong relationships with the NHS, the Department of Health, NHS England and external organisations. This includes the ability to build credibility with external stakeholders at a senior level;
- Having, or have the ability to develop, an excellent understanding of commercial issues;
- The ability to develop an understanding of the commercial drivers that will influence a private sector organisation and the levers that can be used in negotiating/influencing contractual arrangements;
- Interact confidently and effectively with counterparts from the operational delivery organisations and commercial experts;
- strong interpersonal skills and the ability to influence others as required;
- Strong team-working skills;
- The ability to operate under pressure, to juggle priorities and to effectively deal with multiple and often competing requests.
To apply for this job, please click on the "Apply Now" button.
Competitive plus benefits London, Northern Ireland, Nationwide Ongoing
£28,420 + company car depending on experience plus benefits Nationwide Ongoing
£22 to 45k OTE plus benefits London ASAP
£27,500 – £32,000 plus benefits Nationwide Various
Competitive plus benefits Nationwide Ongoing
Competitive plus benefits Nationwide 2-Sep-2017
£22,000 plus benefits plus OTE plus Bonus plus expenses London Ongoing
Competitive International (Europe), India, United States, China, Birmingham 1-Sep-2017
£30,490 rising to £32,963 after 1 year plus benefits London ASAP
£26,000 (plus £2,000 welcome bonus) plus benefits South East ASAP
£25,440 plus benefits Manchester Various
£19k London ASAP
£22000.00 per annum plus OTE London ASAP
£18K to £35K OTE plus OTE London ASAP
£24000 to 30000 per annum plus benefits Nationwide 30-Nov-2016
£30,491 (rising to £32,963 after 1 year) London ASAP
competitive plus benefits Nationwide 1-Jul-2017
competitive plus benefits London, East Midlands, Bristol, Cardiff, Chester, Warrington 1-Jul-2017