Business Development Intern - Codec.ai
Who are Codec.ai:
Codec is a cultural intelligence platform. We apply science to culture
using AI-driven analysis of thousands of millions of digital content
engagements online to group mass audiences into communities, linked by
shared leaders, interests, and identity. To help brands move away from
mass reach, demographic and product based segmentation.
Our core beliefs are that brands of the future are community driven,
culturally relevant and passion led. Post COVID, it’s never been so
important for brands to be relevant and empathetic to grow. We help them
do this by putting cultural intelligence at their heart.
Brands work with us in three ways:
- Insights: Bringing existing brand communities to life
- Drive Growth: Discovering and unlocking new, untapped communities for brands
- Business transformation: Putting cultural insights at the centre of decisions (NPD, M&A and marketing)
We are lucky to work with leading brand groups including Unilever, L’Oreal, P&G and more.
Since the beginning of the year, we’ve been reframing perceptions of the
business and our offering to market, shifting from a platform dependent
business, to one that is a strategic partner to CMO’s using our data &
platform for a jumping off point for a suite of strategic services.
We have restructured the team to capitalise on the growth opportunity we
have in-market, organising them into two entrepreneurial scrums, each
with New Business, Strategy, and Client Services; supported by
Marketing, PDT (Product, Design & Technology) and the Leadership team.
The re-structure has been successful, and we have won multiple new,
transformative accounts. To continue with this success, we now require
another member of our Business Development team to sit across both
scrums, there will also be opportunities to work with the Leadership
team, and interface with PDT.
Reporting directly to the Head of Client Development, the Business Development Intern will assist and execute business development strategies to drive client growth. This is an inside sales role assisting in generating new outbound client opportunities and growing key accounts across target verticals and markets. You will be joining a fast paced team and will be expected to execute and ideate on existing prospecting and business development targets. Day to day responsibilities:
- Generating new outbound sales opportunities using a mix of email, LinkedIn outreach, and campaign mail-outs
- Scan marketing publications to pull together weekly roundups of what’s going on e.g. senior appointments, killer campaigns, and brand strategy changes
- Supporting the Head of Client Development, Marketing Director, and wider Sales team on ad hoc tasks such as: event planning, crafting outreach messaging, asset creation and prepwork for sales calls
Who this role suits:
This is a full-time, remote role and would suit a self starter who is articulate, technically minded, diligent/highly organised with a passion for culture and can thrive in a startup environment. Ideal candidate will have worked in roles such as Business Development, Client acquisition or similar in a fast paced marketing or media business. Would suit those keen to evolve their career towards a full 360 sales role.
- Knowledge of sales & marketing funnels
- Interest in media/marketing - experience is advantageous
- Organised and good at balancing and prioritising tasks and responsibilities
- Familiarity with Google Sheets/Docs and keynote on mac
- Growth hacking
- Content marketing techniques and measurement
- Familiarity with Hubspot or similar CRM softwares
- Knowledge of London tech/start up scene
- Degree or Masters in business/marketing or a similar subject
Next-generation audience intelligence. Our AI-driven platform and strategists help brands grow by connecting to culture.
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :sales jobs london marketing jobs london business development intern codec
People who applied for this job also applied for:
5Spencer Ogden Ltd
South East, London
£22000.00 to £25000.00 per annum
We Are Aspire Limited
£31,000 to £34,000 p.a. plus a sign to on bonus
South East, Nationwide
3Lloyds Banking Group
3Lloyds Banking Group
South West, London, Wales, North West, Yorkshire, Bristol, Cardiff, Chester, Halifax, Leeds
£30,000 to £40,000 OTE