Business Development Graduate Programme (Sales & Marketing)
- competitive + benefits
- Apply by:
- 20th July 2019
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
ICAEW is a world leading professional membership organisation that promotes, develops and supports over 180,000 chartered accountants and students worldwide. We provide qualifications and professional development, share our knowledge, insight and technical expertise, and protect the quality and integrity of the accountancy and finance profession.
As leaders in accountancy, finance and business our members have the knowledge, skills and commitment to maintain the highest professional standards and integrity. Together we contribute to the success of individuals, organisations, communities and economies around the world.
Headquartered at Chartered Accountants’ Hall in the heart of the financial district of London, this is a fantastic opportunity to join the fast growing Commercial team and make a real difference to the business environment we operate in.
What do the Commercial Team do?
The Commercial Team is responsible for income generation for ICAEW. Established in 2012, its aim is to supplement membership income through sustainable and reputable commercial initiatives. Today, the commercial team is at the forefront of ICAEW initiatives, working with some of the world’s most recognised businesses. Income is rising, as is the positive feedback from the membership with regards to the work we undertake. Our role is to contribute to the ICAEW strategy of developing a world of strong economies, through relevant content, training and events with selected partners who reflect our goals and ambition.
What will you be doing?
A structured rotation program within our core commercial departments - Commercial Partnerships and Academy of Professional Development, where you will work in a variety of teams; Sales, Account Management, Marketing, Events and Engagement.
Commercial Partnerships Rotation - You will spend a year working with a wide variety of businesses to develop strategic partnerships with ICAEW in order to achieve mutually beneficial objectives. The rotation will include experience of 4 teams and see you follow the lifecycle of a client through sales, account management, events, marketing and member engagement. You will be:
- Gathering requirements and developing sales pipeline with the business development team
- Accompanying business development and account managers in client meetings on and off site
- Building internal and external stakeholder relationships to negotiate and collate internal assets
- Creating and developing client proposals
- Work with business development managers to negotiate proposals
- Work with account managers to negotiate contracts
- Design and development of marketing campaigns
- Client relationship management of key strategic clients
- Event management and delivery
Academy Rotation - You will spend a year working with the ICAEW Academy of Professional Development meeting with senior figures in businesses and accountancy practices in order to help develop strategic training plans. You will experience 4 teams covering sales,marketing, account management and management of public courses.
- Prospecting & qualify new business to develop sales pipeline
- Stakeholder relationship management
- Understanding and contributing to the management of department finances and maintaining costs within team P&Ls
- Programme delivery on flagship talent programmes
- Programme management of key client accounts
- Understand critical success factors around brand awareness and lead generation
- Design and develop marketing campaigns to promote the Academy
- Analysis of trends across public course offering to forecast future growth
After each year, you will be asked to produce a report and present to the Commercial Director your experience and findings during your rotation. This will feed into the operational strategy of the Commercial Department.
What will you experience?
- Exposure to major international businesses as both clients and members
- Think strategically in helping provide solutions to core business issues
- Training and development in the following disciplines:
• Sales and Account Management
• Commercial awareness in business and finance
• Commercial thinking
• Business critical issues predominantly in the UK
- Working alongside experts in multiple disciplines ICAEW staff have a variety of experience from politicians to CFOs.
- ICAEW and Academy of Professional development training course on a variety of business management and leadership topics
- Excellent working conditions, a modern open planned office housed inside a historic city landmark
- We won’t work you all hours – work life balance and wellbeing is important at ICAEW, this is a scheme that will offer you the experience you need in the workplace, without compromising the experiences you need outside of the workplace!
- Graduate calibre or equivalent
- Motivated and driven to succeed in a professional environment
- Hungry for a career in business development and sales
- Interest in business and finance
- Desire to work in a client facing environment
- Keen to learn and develop yourself
Application Process: To be considered, a CV and Cover Letter must be attached when submitting your applications.
Your cover letter must include your responses to these questions:
- Why do you want to work for ICAEW?
- Why do you think you will succeed in a Business Development and Marketing role?
- What transferable skills will you bring to the Graduate Programme?
What happens next?
- We shall be drawing up a list of candidates to be invited to attend preliminary interviews shortly.
- Following satisfactory completion of the scheme you are likely to be offered a full time position within one of the departments.
- However, should you not hear from us within six weeks, we must ask you to assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use your data and to meeting our data protection obligations under GDPR. For more information, please visit https://www.icaew.com/icaew-policies/job-application-privacy-notice
To apply, please click the button below.
Sign up for job alerts - its free