Business Development Executive - EG Propertylink
- £25,000 basic (OTE £35,000 uncapped)
- South East, Sutton
- 31st March 2020
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
The Business Development Executive is responsible for revenue generation from new customers on the Propertylink product. The Business Development Executive is part of the sales team which focus specifically on Propertylink, sitting alongside the data product, Radius. This team is critical to the business as we continue to grow our already strong market share.
The Business Development Executive role will involve a combination of internal and external sales activity, meeting customers face-to-face and periodically attending market events. Sales will be made both over the phone and face-to-face. The Business Development Executive will sell to valued new customers and performance will be evaluated based on achieving new business targets.
The Business Development Executive will be expected to develop their awareness of both the brand and the market, building greater insight over time. Building relationships with customers is an important focus, to develop an understand of the customers’ needs and expectations from the website to allow for a smoother renewal process when handing over to the Account Managers.
Division specific summary
EG is at the heart of the commercial property market, delivering intelligence tools that enable customers to make faster, better informed decisions and to win more business.
Propertylink is the UK’s number one commercial property listings platform, helping to connect commercial agents with occupiers and investors across the UK.
Reed Business Information (RBI) provides information, analytics and data to business professionals worldwide. Our strong global products and services hold market-leading positions across a wide range of industry sectors including banking, petrochemicals and aviation where we help customers make key strategic decisions every day. RBI is part of RELX Group plc, a world-leading provider of information solutions for professional customers across industries.
RBI is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Sell to new business customers with engaging conversations and compelling proposals, guiding them through the buying process
• Up-sell customers to other Propertylink-related products
• Thinking creatively to source new opportunities
• Maintain accurate pipeline, sales activity and customer information within Salesforce (CRM system)
• Feedback to Group Head on opportunities with the customer base
• Build industry specific and product knowledge, including attending industry events, reading industry research, and attending learning sessions
INDIVIDUAL PERFORMANCE METRICS
• Revenue performance against target
• Average order value
• Sales activity through Salesforce
• 0-2 years’ experience on a sales team and proven ability to bring in sales
• University degree or relevant work experience
• Interest and passion in learning about the relevant industry
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Ability to identify and pursue up-selling opportunities
• Ability to ask probing questions in order to proactively handle and respond to customer objections
• Experience managing multiple customers and maintaining high energy sales
• OTHER PREFERRED ATTRIBUTES:
• Experience selling on a listings platform desired
• Experience with Salesforce CRM desired
EG is at the heart of the commercial property market. Delivering intelligence tools that enable customers to make faster, better informed decisions and to win more business.
Sign up for job alerts - its free