Business Analyst - September 2023
Overview of the Advisory & Consulting service line
The Advisory & Consulting Service Line is a rapidly growing, award winning, global group of successful teams working together to present a go-to-market differentiator whilst delivering the highest quality of work for our clients.
If you are successful in securing a role on our training programme you will join a team of 600+ innovative specialists across a variety of sectors including Financial Services, Industry & Services, and Public Services with consultative expertise in Risk & Management Consulting, Internal Audit, Actuarial and all aspects of the Tech & Digital space. Our Advisory teams are at the forefront of large international infrastructure projects, global M&A transactions, high-profile forensic investigations, business valuations, corporate restructuring and creditor advisory services; all with the aim of adding value to clients by finding solutions to a range of financial issues as one collaborative team.
An introduction to our Management Consulting team
The Mazars Management Consulting team provides a wide range of services and solutions to our clients which are centred on business transformation. As a Business Analyst, you will gain early exposure to clients as you build up your core skills.
Our clients range in size from large multinationals to small owner-managed businesses across multiple sectors throughout the UK and abroad, as well as public sector bodies and charities. Our primary focus is around clients' finance and operations functions, although we perform projects in many other areas.
Our Management Consulting team works with clients to develop solutions to their complex business problems.
We now operate under a hybrid working model, so as a trainee you will split your time between working from home, visiting the office, client sites when required or studying for your professional exams.
During your first year you will:
- Develop a holistic understanding of how businesses operate and what their common problems are;
- Gain early responsibility, meeting clients and leading interviews to understand what does and does not work well whilst building rapport; and
- Identify underlying issues and provide bespoke recommendations and solutions by writing comprehensive reports.
During your second year you will:
- Take up a greater role in client engagements, leading in workshops and analysis;
- Begin to identify opportunities with both existing and new clients; and
- Support the development of less experienced team members.
In your third year you will become a trusted advisor to our clients and actively develop opportunities with new clients; independently produce client deliverables, with minimal review points from management; and take an active role in project management, ensuring deliverables meet expected deadlines and budgets.
Whilst our projects are varied and no two days are the same, we typically structure our projects through the delivery of one of the following solutions:
- Helping our clients define their long-term vision and assess the strategic and financial benefits of the opportunities available to them.
- Working with our clients to ensure team structures are aligned to overall strategy, optimised for cost and performance efficiency, and facilitate a strong culture with an engaged team.
- Adding value to our clients' business processes to reduce costs whilst enhancing control, quality, and speed.
- Improving the long-term performance of our clients by analysing their product mix, resource allocation, investment return and cost efficiency.
- Improving decision making by building effective financial models and deriving actionable insights from clients' business data.
- Appraising our clients' options by analysing their risks, benefits and cost implications, and documenting these in a business case.
- Working with Management to develop a comprehensive 100-day plan which facilitates the smooth integration of a newly acquired firm; and
- Helping our clients successfully deliver projects and programmes that embed sustainable change within their organisation.
- Interpersonal skills - the ability to build client and colleague relationships with a foundation of trust and responsibility;
- Analytical skills - the ability to think critically, research and solve problems;
- Excellent business writing skills;
- Deep curiosity of business;
- Proactiveness and enthusiasm;
- Commitment to self-development & learning;
- Affinity with our values; in particular, respect for individuals, diversity, and integrity; and
- A willingness to travel.
Strong academic performance is important; however, we understand that things don't always go to plan. Our recruitment process looks at your whole self – academic achievements as well as other experiences in which you have grown and developed. We balance your academic results alongside the aptitude assessment within our recruitment process to ensure that you will be successful in your role with us.
You will undertake industry accredited training courses, such as PRINCE2, Lean Six Sigma and the ACCA-X to support your professional and personal development. Additionally, you will also undertake a variety of internal courses aimed at developing client communication and people management skills. Your professional qualification is only part of the story at Mazars; we support all of our trainees with a blended approach to training and development including classroom study, 1:1 coaching, and soft skills training.
You will be supported by an appraising manager to keep your career and aspirations on track. You will also be allocated a buddy, who will support you to settle into the team and navigate your first year at Mazars.
- Annual Leave +
- Charitable Giving
- Dental Insurance
- Wellbeing Benefits
- Virtual GP
- Cycle to Work
- Gym Discounts
- Life Assurance
- Flexible Benefits +
If you are interested in a career in professional services, we can offer you an exciting head start by joining one of our trainee schemes for school or college leavers.
Mazars Interview Reviews
21 February 2018
My interview was a one on one interview with a member of their graduate recruitment team, the interview took place at their London office. The interview starts with an exercise...
19 June 2017
After completing verbal and numerical tests online, I was invited to the 1st round interview. It was with a member of graduate recruitment and it lasted around an hour where it...
06 July 2015
Firstly there is an online application form to pass. Then there are two stages to the Public Sector Internal Audit (PSIA) recruitment process which is different to the other...
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :business analyst september mazars
People who applied for this job also applied for:
Graduate Data Management Consultant – paid to train
£34k Starting Salary
Graduate Business Intelligence Consultant
London, Scotland, Yorkshire, Glasgow, Leeds
Graduate Data Product Consultant (Technical Business Analyst) – paid to train
£34k Starting Salary
Graduate Data Engineer – paid to train
£34k Starting Salary
Trainee Reinsurance Analyst, European Operations
Graduate Production Support Analyst - UK
South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, Wales, North West, North East, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Yorkshire, Nationwide, Republic of Ireland