Business Analyst - September 2020 (London, Mazars)
- Competitive + benefits
- 30th September 2020
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
OVERVIEW OF THE SERVICE LINE & TEAM
In Consulting, you will join a growing team of 300 relationship driven, strategic thinkers who take pride in the positive impact they can have on society whilst advising the boardrooms of UK and International clients across all sectors. Our Consulting teams support clients in solving business critical, complex problems through a broad range of services including risk assurance, technology advisory, business transformation, regulatory consulting and actuarial support. Our expertise ranges from financial services and insurance to retail, government and education. In a rapidly changing business world, we help clients overcome the challenges that they face today and prepare for whatever the future may hold.
The Mazars Business Consulting team provides a wide range of consultancy services and solutions to our clients which are centred around business transformation. As a Business Analyst, you will gain early exposure to our clients as you build up your core skills in our team.
Our clients range in size from large multinationals to small owner-managed businesses across multiple sectors throughout the UK and abroad, as well as public sector bodies and charities. Our primary focus is around client’s finance and operations functions, however we perform projects in many different business areas.
Our Business Consulting team works with the clients to develop solutions to their complex business problems. As a Business Analyst, your time will be split between working at client premises, working in the office and studying for your professional qualifications.
In your first year you will:
• Develop a holistic understanding of how businesses operate and what their common problems are.
• Gain early responsibility, meeting clients and leading interviews to understand what works well and less well and build rapport with their staff.
• Identify underlying issues and provide bespoke recommendations and solutions by writing comprehensive reports
During your second year, you will:
• Take up a greater role in client engagement, leading in workshops and analysis.
• Begin to identify opportunities with both existing and new clients.
• Support the development of less experienced team members.
In your third year, you will be expected to
• Become a trusted advisor to our clients and actively develop opportunities with new clients.
• Independently produce client deliverables, with minimal review points from management.
• Take an active role in project management, ensuring deliverables meet expected deadlines and budgets.
Whilst our projects are varied and no two days are the same, we
typically structure our projects through the delivery of one of the
• Adding value to our clients’ business processes to reduce costs whilst enhancing control, quality and speed.
• Driving business transformation through leveraging the right systems and technology for our clients.
• Working with our clients to design an optimal organisation structure and sourcing model.
• Designing and building performance monitoring models adapted to our clients’ needs, along with advising on Key Performance Indicators and reporting tools.
• Automating management information and processes to enhance and influence decision making
• Strengthening our clients’ workforce by ensuring that they have the right people to deliver their strategy.
• Interpersonal skills; the ability to build client relationships with a foundation of trust and responsibility.
• Analytical skills; the ability to think critically, research and solve problems.
• Commitment to self-development & learning.
• Affinity with our values; in particular, respect for individuals, diversity and integrity.
• A willingness to travel.
Strong academic performance is important so we know that you’re ready to take your professional exams. However, we understand things don’t always go to plan – so if you don’t meet our minimum requirements, please let us know if you have any exceptional achievements or extenuating circumstances which affected your results. We also consider your achievements in the context of your socio-economic background, so encourage you to submit your contextual information.
- 2.1 or above in any degree discipline
• Minimum of 112 UCAS points. This is based on the new 2017 UCAS Tariff. You can calculate your UCAS points here.
• Grade B or above in GCSE English Language and Maths.
You will undertake industry accredited training courses, such as PRINCE2, Lean Six Sigma and the ACCA-X to support your professional and personal development. Additionally, you will also undertake a variety of internal courses aimed at developing client communication and people management skills.
You will be supported by a mentor and an appraising manager to keep your career and aspirations on track.
CULTURE & REWARD
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION AT MAZARS
Mazars is committed to a 360 degree diversity approach, from building diverse leadership teams which reflect our clients and society, to creating an open, inclusive, culture where individual voices are heard. Our client-facing people can be required to travel regularly or may be based at client sites - our approach to agile working (see benefits) can help achieve a lifestyle balance without compromising on client service. We welcome applications from those returning to employment after a break from their careers. Visit our D&I page to see the ways we are driving diversity https://www.mazarscareers.co.uk/about-mazars/diversity-inclusion .
BESPOKE BENEFITS THAT WORK FOR YOU
We recognise that benefits are important to you and our aim at Mazars is to give you as much choice as possible and to allow you to benefit from our buying power. We offer core benefits to all employees – 25 days holiday, pension, life assurance and income protection insurance. Beyond that we want you to be able to choose benefits that you want, rather than have all benefits chosen for you.
As a Mazars employee you also have access to a range of voluntary benefits including a shopping-discount platform, discounted phone contracts, gym memberships and interest free season ticket loans.
If you are interested in a career in professional services, we can offer you an exciting head start by joining one of our trainee schemes for school or college leavers.
Mazars Interview Reviews
21 February 2018
My interview was a one on one interview with a member of their graduate recruitment team, the interview took place at their London office. The interview starts with an exercise...
19 June 2017
After completing verbal and numerical tests online, I was invited to the 1st round interview. It was with a member of graduate recruitment and it lasted around an hour where it...
06 July 2015
Firstly there is an online application form to pass. Then there are two stages to the Public Sector Internal Audit (PSIA) recruitment process which is different to the other...
Sign up for job alerts - its free