Business Analyst (Data Governance) - Kubrick Group
- £25,000 + benefits
- London, Nationwide
- Apply by:
- 13th September 2018
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
Would you love to explore a career in Data? If you are either a recent graduate or have at least 1 years’ commercial experience we would love to hear from you.
A Data Governance Analyst helps build and manage an organisation’s Data strategy. They understand Data, technology, business and how these all need to coexist whilst maintaining excellent data governance, keeping the organisation competitive and at the same time navigating regulatory and data breaches. As a Data Governance Analyst you are in a unique position where you interact with the data, technology and business departments and due to the impact of data, your dealings will inevitably be with senior and influential people.
As organisations realise the power and potential of their data, the risks associated with the mishandling of their data become enormous. With fines of up to 4% of a company’s global revenue for non-compliance, the new data landscape becomes one of the most important investment areas for any organisation. A Data strategy which understands all facets of a business from sales process, to departmental process idiosyncrasies through to the technical data architecture is a must.
At Kubrick Group we hire the smartest people to help organisations navigate these risks. Our projects have included helping investment banks understand the true value of their clients: we have enabled a hedge fund to have a single view of all its research data; helped a fund manager shape its data architecture, increasing its performance; and enabled a large online retailer to implement and adopt a new data governance strategy.
If these sorts of challenges excite you and you want to accelerate your career, Kubrick would like to hear from you. We are looking for our next intake of Data Governance Analysts to join our journey. We fully prepare our staff in our London Data Labs with the skills required to assist very well-known organisations in defining, clarifying, and implementing their data strategies. Kubrick consultants form the critical bridge between the business and data.
As a data governance analyst, you will get involved in:
•Defining the critical data strategy for well-known organisations by which the different divisions across the business acquire, govern, and manage the quality of data
•Engage in key business projects and workstreams to support the front-to-back adoption and implementation of their data governance strategy
•You will form strong lasting relationships with very senior stakeholders to ensure business functions are aligning with their data governance principles
•Even though you will be at the start of your career, you will be an integral part of ensuring data quality and robust process for the whole enterprise.
What you’ll do:
• Immediately be trained by us, from the day you join. We fully prepare our people before they go onto a client site
• Be taught all the latest technology skills relevant to data governance such as SQL, Collibra, Informatica and Tableau
• Understand the commercial landscape and the regulatory drivers which are influencing data governance
• Learn from the best in the industry, our courses are designed by industry figure heads
• Once the training period of 14 weeks is complete you will be working on client projects across the UK
What we need from you:
• Desire to work with diverse datasets from multiple sources to help an organisation make better decisions
• Curious, analytical and great at solving problems that require insight and solutions to data design and data infrastructure
• Flexible and adaptable communicator: you thrive in a diverse and competitive environment and can provide a strong narrative to the governance principles you are implementing
• Committed to producing high quality solutions: a clear logical thinker
• Educated to degree level with at least A level mathematics or statistics
• Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
Send us your CV and a cover letter letting us know about what makes you tick.
£25,000 + 14% bonus after commencing client project work, with a rise after one year of project work to £32,000 + 16% bonus dependant on performance
Must be available to start in July.
Sign up for job alerts - its free