OVERVIEW OF THE SERVICE LINE & TEAM
In Consulting, you will join a growing team of 300 relationship driven, strategic thinkers who take pride in the positive impact they can have on society whilst advising the boardrooms of UK and International clients across all sectors. Our Consulting teams support clients in solving business critical, complex problems through a broad range of services including risk assurance, technology advisory, business transformation, regulatory consulting and actuarial support. Our expertise ranges from financial services and insurance to retail, government and education. In a rapidly changing business world, we help clients overcome the challenges that they face today and prepare for whatever the future may hold.
The Mazars Business Consulting team provides a wide range of services and solutions to our clients which are centred on business transformation. As a Business Analyst, you will gain early exposure to clients as you build up your core skills.
Our client's range in size from large multinationals to small owner-managed businesses across multiple sectors throughout the UK and abroad, as well as public sector bodies and charities. Our primary focus is around clients' finance and operations functions, although we perform projects in many other areas.
Our Business Consulting team works with clients to develop solutions to their complex business problems. As a Business Analyst, your time would usually be split between working at client premises, working in the office/ from home and studying for your professional qualifications. However due to the current pandemic situation Mazars continues to work remotely only visiting the office and client sites on a restricted basis.
In your first year you will:
- Develop a holistic understanding of how businesses operate and what their common problems are;
- Gain early responsibility, meeting clients and leading interviews to understand what does and does not work well whilst building rapport; and
- Identify underlying issues and provide bespoke recommendations and solutions by writing comprehensive reports.
During your second year, you will:
- Take up a greater role in client engagement, leading in workshops and analysis;
- Begin to identify opportunities with both existing and new clients; and
- Support the development of less experienced team members.
In your third year, you will be expected to:
- Become a trusted advisor to our clients and actively develop opportunities with new clients;
- Independently produce client deliverables, with minimal review points from management; and
- Take an active role in project management, ensuring deliverables meet expected deadlines and budgets.
Whilst our projects are varied and no two days are the same, we typically structure our projects through the delivery of one of the following solutions:
- Helping our clients define their long-term vision and assess the strategic and financial benefits of the opportunities available to them;
- Working with our clients to ensure team structures are aligned to overall strategy, optimised for cost and performance efficiency and facilitate a strong culture with an engaged team;
- Adding value to our clients' business processes to reduce costs whilst enhancing control, quality and speed;
- Improving the long-term performance of our clients by analysing their product mix, resource allocation, investment return and cost efficiency;
- Improving decision making by building effective financial models and deriving actionable insights from clients' business data;
- Appraising our clients' options by analysing their risks, benefits and cost implications, and documenting these in a business case;
- Working with Management to develop a comprehensive 100-day plan which facilitates the smooth integration of a newly acquired firm; and
- Helping our clients successfully deliver projects and programmes that embed sustainable change within their organisation.
We are looking for new team members with the following qualities :
- Interpersonal skills - the ability to build client relationships with a foundation of trust and responsibility;
- Analytical skills - the ability to think critically, research and solve problems;
- Excellent business writing skills;
- Deep curiosity of business;
- Proactiveness and enthusiasm;
- Commitment to self-development & learning;
- Affinity with our values; in particular, respect for individuals, diversity and integrity; and
- A willingness to travel.
Strong academic performance is important so we know that you're ready to take your professional exams. However, we understand things don't always go to plan – so if you don't meet our minimum requirements, please let us know if you have any exceptional achievements or extenuating circumstances which affected your results. We also consider your achievements in the context of your socio-economic background and encourage you to submit your contextual information.
- 2.1 or above in any degree discipline.
- Minimum of 112 UCAS points. This is based on the 2017 UCAS Tariff. You can calculate your UCAS points here.
- Grade B or above in GCSE English Language and Maths.
You will undertake industry accredited training courses, such as PRINCE2, Lean Six Sigma and the ACCA-X to support your professional and personal development. Additionally, you will also undertake a variety of internal courses aimed at developing client communication and people management skills.
You will be supported by a mentor and an appraising manager to keep your career and aspirations on track.
If you are interested in a career in professional services, we can offer you an exciting head start by joining one of our trainee schemes for school or college leavers.
Mazars Interview Reviews
21 February 2018
My interview was a one on one interview with a member of their graduate recruitment team, the interview took place at their London office. The interview starts with an exercise...
19 June 2017
After completing verbal and numerical tests online, I was invited to the 1st round interview. It was with a member of graduate recruitment and it lasted around an hour where it...
06 July 2015
Firstly there is an online application form to pass. Then there are two stages to the Public Sector Internal Audit (PSIA) recruitment process which is different to the other...
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :management jobs london business analyst graduate trainee mazars
People who applied for this job also applied for:
BDO Advisory Graduate Programme (London)
Data Product Analyst - Graduate Programme
£32,000 (increasing to £40k after one year)
Trainee Mortgage Advisor
£23,000 + CeMap qualifications + commission
London, Chiswick, Gunnersbury
KPMG 2021 Consulting Graduate Programmes - London
Field Sales Executive, FTC - Uber Eats
£28700 to 40000 per annum
Foxtons Trainee Estate Agent
£24,500 +Uncapped commission+company car