|Salary:||£18,000 (per annum)|
|Sectors:||Insurance, Secretarial & Business Admin, Research & Analysis|
Founded in 2000 this specialist insurance firm provide customised
underwriting solutions to provide cover for clients involved with
mergers and acquisitions, licensing agreements, restructuring and
investments. Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, with offices
in London and New York, this company is a well-established provider of a
niche area of the insurance industry.This is a 6 month internship
paying £1,500 per month with the potential of converting to a permanent
How can you expect to spend your day?
You will join the team as an Underwriting Assistant to support 20 experienced underwriters with their daily tasks and by doing so gain very hands on experience and knowledge about the insurance sector. This is an excellent opportunity for a recent graduate looking to gain experience working in the Insurance sector, in Underwriting or as a Business Analyst.
Tasks you can expect to learn about and be responsible for include:
• Research and offer administration support with regards to warranty due diligence in conjunction with new and existing insurance policies.
• Help perform background checks on companies and individuals.
• Research and analyse recorded information on companies to build greater insight when considering what level and the specific features of insurance cover required.
• Work with a network of insurance brokers to identify the best provider for specific projects, taking into account each client's specific requirement.
• Analyse retention rates from different insurance providers and take a view on which are the best provider for certain products.
• Assist with analysing different insurance policies, comparing them to gain insight and be able to recommend which is most suitable for specific scenarios.
What are the ideal candidate's skills, personality and qualifications?
• Educated to degree level, subjects of interest include those relating to Finance and Economics, but these are not pre-requisites.
• Analytical skill set and someone comfortable researching a range of company information, typically desk based research and puling findings together into reports.
• Comfortable working with MS Excel and data from a range of sources.
• A clear, concise and confident communicator.
• An inclusive character who enjoys working in an open plan office and a team which shares and supports each other.
• A professional individual eager to gain a range of new skills by working in a commercial and corporate environment.
• An interest or prior experience in property would be a great bonus but not required.
• Fluency in a 2nd major language would be a bonus but not required.
What are the perks of working at this company?
• Join a company with a growing reputation as specialists in a niche area of the insurance sector and one that is expanding quickly due to market demand.
• This internship is for recent graduate's eager to be given genuine responsibility from day one, working in an environment where you will be encouraged to develop your career at a fast rate which make this a fantastic opportunity for fast track development.
• As a growing business with a second office in New York this company can also offer ample career progression internally as well as externally through the many transferrable skills you will develop.
Sign up for job alerts - its free
Competitive plus benefits London ASAP
£22000 to £35000 per annum negotiable depending on experience plus stock options plus benefits plus OTE plus Bonus plus unpaid plus share scheme Yorkshire ASAP
Competitive plus benefits plus OTE London Various
£22,000 with realistic OTE of £50,000+ plus stock options plus benefits plus expenses London, Singapore, United States, Netherlands ASAP
£35k Package, Competitive Salary negotiable plus OTE London, Central London ASAP