Bumble - Accounts Assistant
- £Competitive + benefits
- London, Nationwide
- Apply by:
- 6th December 2018
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
*Closing date: 6 December 2018*
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Bumble is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Bumble is looking for an enthusiastic, flexible Accounts Assistant to join our growing accounting team with an initial focus in Accounts Payable and potential to work towards an accounting qualification e.g. ACCA/CIMA, subsidized by Bumble.
This role is based in our London office, reporting to the Bumble Accountant (based in Austin TX) with a dotted line to the Associate Director: International Operations (also based in London)
This is an ideal role for a recent graduate with a finance or business related degree. The right candidate will have strong attention to detail and accuracy with a love for spreadsheets and data. You should be prepared to adapt to ever-changing situations, ideally with a track record of supporting high growth companies. This role must be able to work and communicate effectively with both the finance team and other departments, including marketers and creatives, all while maintaining confidentiality, organization, and efficiency.
What you will do
This role will be be responsible for handling financial transactions and for our UK entity, Bumble Holding Ltd, relating to activity taking place across the UK, Europe, India and potentially further afield as required.
• Work with the UK & US-based Accounts Payable teams to quickly and
accurately raise purchase orders for various departments across multiple
• Coordinate with suppliers & marketing teams to source required documentation efficiently and effectively
• Process credit card transactions and other revolving credit lines used by the team
• Work directly with card holders to ensure that the expenditure is appropriately processed and the appropriate financial regulations are followed
• Assist in month-end close processes, including creating and entering various journal entries, performing assigned account reconciliations, and reviewing other team members’ activity for accuracy
• Assist with audits as needed
• Prepare ad hoc analysis as requested
• Assist in document retention and organisation
• Assist with general process improvements to scale with fast-paced company growth
• Help with expense reimbursement processing
• Assist with various ad-hoc duties within finance team on a group level
• Detail-focused, completer-finisher
• Flexible & adaptable; feels energized by working on a wide range of tasks at all times
• Self starter: thrives on taking ownership of initiatives with limited oversight
• Instinctive understanding of, and alignment with, Bumble’s brand values
• Exceptional communication skills as you will be a key point of contact for teams globally
• Comfortable working across time zones
Required experience, knowledge and skills:
• Finance or business related degree
• Strong Excel ability including use of vlookups and pivot tables
• Strong organisational skills
• Past experience in a high growth start-up environment preferred
• Ability to speak at least one European language besides English would be a bonus
• SAP Business One experience a plus
*Closing date: 6 December 2018*
Please apply by submitting your CV along with a covering letter explaining why you want to work for Bumble and why you’re the ideal candidate for this role!
Since its launch in 2014, Bumble has grown to become one of the most relevant social networks worldwide. Today, Bumble, the "female first" app with over 40 million users, connects people across dating, friendship and professional networking. No matter the type of relationship, women make the first move on Bumble. Bumble recognizes the importance of relationships and how crucial they are to a healthy, happy life. We’ve built our platform around kindness, respect, and equality – and our users play an important part in that. Bumble holds its users accountable for their actions and has zero tolerance for hate, aggression or bullying. Bumble is available in 160 countries. Since 2014, Bumble has facilitated over half a billion women-led first moves and over four billion messages sent. Bumble is free and available in the App Store and Google Play.
Sign up for job alerts - its free