Bakkavor - Food Technology – Graduate Scheme
- £27,000 + benefits + bonus
- South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, Wales, North West, North East, Scotland, Yorkshire, Nationwide
- Apply by:
- 31st December 2018
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
If you are interested in the scientific and technical aspects of food manufacturing, join us in this fascinating area. You will find yourself working with teams across our business to ensure we develop and manufacture safe, high-quality products day in, day out.
Over two 12-month placements, you will be working closely with various departments such as New Product Development, Production, and Purchasing to help determine what can and cannot be done with processes and technology. Typical placements are Quality Auditor (monitoring compliance with technical standards), Process Technologist (developing new product concepts into real products) and Technical Systems (developing and maintaining due diligence systems).
Expect to gain key skills in everything from food safety to food labelling, microbiology to internal auditing and factory hygiene to data compliance. Not to mention generalist management and leadership skills to become a key member of the team as we continue to develop you into a Technical Manager. Ultimately, it is about giving you an all-round understanding of our Technical department and our food manufacturing business, as the journey from farm to fork is fast-moving and complex!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Completed at least a 2:2 honours degree in a technical, food related or science based degree.
• Three months' experience working in a technical, manufacturing or professional services environment.
• The pace is fast, so excellent organisational skills are a must.
• You will need to combine your interpersonal, technical and influencing skills with a business-focused approach whilst maintaining the highest standards in health and safety.
WHAT WE OFFER
We believe a strong compensation and benefits package is important for recruiting and retaining top talent. We are therefore committed to creating a benefits programme that is competitive and flexible to work around you:
• £27,000 salary which is reviewed after completing your first year with
• £1,000 sign-on bonus.
• The opportunity to own a brand new car at cheaper rates to get you on the road through Zenith.
• Competitive pension scheme.
• A two year Leadership Training Programme with Fieri Leadership.
• 25 days holiday with the option to purchase additional holidays.
• Relocation assistance for each placement.
Sign up for job alerts - its free