Bakkavor - 1 Year Placement – Food Manufacturing
- Competitive to will cover all reasonable living costs + benefits
- East Midlands
- Apply by:
- 31st December 2018
- Start date:
- Job type:
Who is Bakkavor?
We are one of the biggest names in the food industry, providing fresh prepared products to supermarkets. You’ll find us in the factories and fridges across the land both in the UK and overseas, where we are establishing a fast-developing presence in the United States and China.
In total, we have 19,000 employees worldwide and our customers include some of the best known grocery retailers who sell our products to consumers under their respective retailer brands. That’s why we are proud to work with all the leading retail brands; it’s what keeps us busy! Would you like to work on a bigger scale and become a part of our ‘taste success’ story?
What you’ll gain?
If you share our passion for great food, you can expect to receive opportunities, development and support to enable you to learn and grow throughout your placement. Expect to gain skills in a range of areas such as Logistics, Planning and taking responsibility for managing operators on a line. The role will be based between the factory and the office. This entry-level placement will be perfect for someone who is ideally in the process of studying a manufacturing, engineering or business related degree, (however other subject disciplines will be considered) as you will be given the knowledge and practical work experience required to complete your final year at university with the view of entering our graduate scheme upon obtaining your qualification.
It will be likely that you will be based at one of our Lincolnshire sites on a daily basis, but you can expect to spend periods of time in any one of our business units across the UK to work on projects throughout the year. So the ability to show flexibility and comfort with travelling around the country is a requirement for the placement.
What you’ll need?
• A desire to join this field once you graduate
• Some previous experience working as part of a team
• An ability to apply practical ideas and demonstrate your adaptability
• A curiosity to explore, learn and show initiative
• An ability to demonstrate good attention to detail
• A desire to learn how food manufacturing works and to get into detail of:
• Organising the line/process/equipment/people/materials in order to hit operational KPI’s
• Understanding the principles of HACCP
• The health and safety practices and procedures
• An awareness of how to development a PIP (profit improvement plan)
Closing date for applications will be 31st December 2018 and for those people shortlisted, you will be asked to attend an assessment centre in February 2019.
If your experience matches our role, please forward your CV and a covering letter which outlines “Why you are interested in our placement” via the apply now button.
Sign up for job alerts - its free