BAE Systems - The National Security Academy Software Engineering London/Gloucester
- £20,000 to £28,000 plus benefits
- South West, London, Gloucester, Central London
- Apply by:
- 10th May 2018
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
Our National Security Academy is unique. Designed to develop individuals with the confidence and technical capability to support a safer future. Our aim is to give you the tools, training and support you need to become a rounded Software Engineer in the National Security sector.
If you have been working within IT for a number of years, or are a Graduate who simply has a passion for Computer Science, the NS Academy could be for you. The programme will provide you with the technical knowledge and interpersonal skills to work with confidence in a wide variety of challenging business environments.
Whilst you progress through our National Security Academy we will support you through the UK Security clearance process up to DV level which will allow you to work with our more sensitive projects in support of the UK Government. To be successful in this role you must be eligible to apply for UK DV clearance.
The National Security Academy is delivered in partnership with QA Consulting and is located within one of QA’s world leading training centres. With purpose built academy locations, candidates will learn and develop together and feel part of the programme from day one.
Key Programme features
• An integrated programme delivering learning that supports a strong
sense of progression, continuity and collaboration whilst building IT
• A strong foundation in practical interpersonal and business skills
• Business engagement skills with Business Analysis and Requirements Engineering
• Working in teams utilising Agile methodologies
• World class technical training in Software Development - Java, Application Support and Software Testing and DevOps
• Subject Matter Experts (SME's) imparting experience and knowledge to ensure you have the skills to succeed in one of the above roles most suited to you
• Practical experience of hands-on learning to solve real life business challenges
What’s in it for you?
• Industry leading intensive training for 4 months, supporting your
development to becoming a technical SME
• Candidates will be Security Cleared at the highest level in order to support government contracts
• On completion of the training you will have achieved SFIA level 3 competency in Software Development, Testing Analysis and Application Support
• £20k salary during training
• Living wage provided during ‘project training phase’ until clearance obtained or assigned to security cleared work
• Market leading £28k starting salary upon Security Clearance and NS Academy graduation
• Support and mentorship for BAE Systems National Security professionals
• A demanding and rewarding career in National Security – making the world a safer place.
If successful you will be contacted by our internal recruitment team and invited to assessment days throughout April and May.
Please click the apply now button for immediate consideration.
Sign up for job alerts - its free