Haslers a firm based in Loughton, Essex (who are a short walking distance from Loughton tube station) are seeking a graduate to join them on an ACA training contract for a January 2023 start.
Who Are We?
Haslers are a leading firm of Chartered Accountants, Business Advisers, Tax, VAT and Corporate Finance specialists based in Loughton, operating for a variety of clients in various sectors throughout Essex and North East London.
As a complete financial service centre comprising 9 Partners, our work is uniquely integrated covering the full spectrum of a business lifecycle. As such our clients grow with us – for over 70 years we have been committed to providing high quality, personal bespoke services to help businesses prosper.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-respected Accountancy firm, this is a graduate entry level position. The Audit Trainee will work with clients to produce their accounts and carry out onsite audits under the supervision of more senior staff whilst studying for the ACA exams.
- Carry out audit and accounts assignments either in the office or at client’s premises using Haslers’ IT systems and ensure appropriate regulatory processes are adhered to.
- Complete basic accounts preparation work including working with sole traders, partnerships and limited companies.
- Financial analysis and reconciliation as required.
- Prepare draft accounts assignments and VAT returns for clients.
- Liaise and effectively communicate with clients to obtain client records and relevant information needed to carry out the work.
- Any other financial and administrative tasks as required.
Who We are Looking For?
- A graduate with a minimum of a 2:2 degree, preferably in Accounting and Finance
- A level grades 3 x C
- Willingness to study for the ACA examinations is essential
- Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written English to a high standard
- Confidence to build internal and external relationships
- Numerate and IT literate
- Enthusiastic, willing to develop and a good team player
- Previous experience within an Accountancy practice or industry finance department preferred but not essential
- Candidates must have a full clean driving licence and be prepared to purchase a car within a few months of joining the Firm so that they can travel to clients’ premises
What We can Offer You
- Starting salary of £26,000 per annum
- Excellent career opportunities in a well-respected growing Accountancy Firm
- Structured on the job and sponsored training programmes for professional exams
- Flexible working & a strong ethos to support staff wellbeing and work/life balance
- Prospects for promotion available for outstanding candidates once exam qualified
- Opportunity to get involved in Firm wide social, charitable and environmental initiatives
- Competitive salary and benefits including
- Wellbeing allowance of £350
- Birthday off
- Volunteering day
- Pension scheme- Employer pension scheme, Haslers contribution increases with length of service
- Great holiday allowance which increases with length of service
Please apply with a CV. Candidates can be offered a personal recruitment experience.
HAT Group of Accountants
HAT is a training consortium of 60 small to medium-sized firms of accountants. HAT recruits ACA & ACCA trainees on behalf of our full member firms, which range in size from just 3 partners and 15 professional staff, up to 30 partners and over 150 professional staff.
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :audit trainee hat accountants
People who applied for this job also applied for:
Finance Graduate Scheme
8Lloyds Banking Group
South West, London, Bristol
Finance Graduate Programme 2023
Bakkavor Group plc
South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, Wales, North West, North East, Scotland, Yorkshire, Nationwide
Risk Graduate Scheme
8Lloyds Banking Group
South West, London, West Midlands, Scotland, Yorkshire, Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Halifax, Leeds
Graduate Data Management Consultant – paid to train
£34k Starting Salary
Accountancy and Finance Graduate Programme
Babcock International Group
South West, Bristol
2023 Graduate Audit Programme - South Region
South East, South West, Bristol, Guildford, Reading, Southampton, Gatwick