Audit Graduate Trainee (Financial Services) - September 2020
OVERVIEW OF THE SERVICE LINE & TEAM
In Audit, you will join a growing team of over 650 relationship driven, curious, problem solvers who add value to their clients on a daily basis. Our Audit Teams provide audit assurance services which are vital to our clients’ business control and credibility. Our expertise range from servicing private, entrepreneurial companies through to UK listed companies, financial services and some of the largest FT Global organizations in the world. By joining a unique integrated structure you will benefit from working in collaborative teams and be given responsibility for delivering robust and independent audit services in a supportive environment.
In a rapidly changing business world, we also care about our industry and have long pressed for a debate on audit competition. We believe that companies and their shareholders alike deserve the benefits that increased competition can bring and are committed to playing an active role in shaping its future.
The financial services audit department works internationally to provide seamless, cross-border support to our clients. As a member of the team you will experience a broad range of clients across various sectors to build your knowledge and understanding of the financial services market.
Teams within Financial Services:
The banking group cover clients such as emerging banks and UK operations of large international banks.
The insurance group cover clients from entrepreneurial insurance brokers to Lloyd’s syndicates and large international underwriters.
The role of an auditor is to ensure financial statements produced by clients is ‘true and fair’ and an accurate representation of the transactions and balances they claim to represent. In the entrepreneurial business team, you can expect to be part of highly engaged teams, working together to deliver high quality audits in line with client expectations and deadlines. As an Audit Trainee, your time will be split between working at client premises, working in the office and studying for your professional exams.
We are looking for candidates with a strong desire to learn and progress, and we give increasing responsibility when an individual is ready rather than at pre-determined times. However, our broad expectation of roles and responsibilities during the three-year training contract is set out below.
During your first year you will:
• Work with various clients across a range of sectors, building a strong understanding of their business;
• Learn how to prepare professional audit documents in line with our audit methodology using audit software and systems;
• Develop a thorough understanding of financial statements; and
• Be able to obtain relevant information from clients whilst building effective rapport with clients.
During your second year you will:
• Build and develop audit skills in increasingly complex and technical areas;
• Be able to take ownership for sections allocated in an audit file;
• Self-review your own-work, ensuring minimal review points are raised by managers; and
• Be able to help less experienced team members.
In your final year you will be expected to take on significantly more responsibility. Depending on the client, this may involve taking lead on a technical area or a team to ensure the entire audit file is completed. This will include a combination of working to stated deadlines, managing the work of junior members in the team, taking responsibility for the budget, and presenting in both team and client meetings.
• Strong work ethic; the desire to get things done, and to learn and progress.
• Interpersonal skills; the ability to build client relationships with a foundation of trust and responsibility.
• Analytical skills; the ability to accurately and diligently assimilate information, grasp concepts quickly, research and solve problems.
• Independent; the ability to think critically, challenge when appropriate, and to apply professional scepticism.
• Attention to detail and strong time-management skills.
• Credible and effective communication skills (written and verbal)
• Affinity with our values; in particular, respect for individuals, diversity and integrity.
Strong academic performance is important so we know that you’re ready to take your professional exams. However, we understand things don’t always go to plan – so if you don’t meet our minimum requirements, please let us know if you have any exceptional achievements or extenuating circumstances which affected your results. We also consider your achievements in the context of your socio-economic background, so encourage you to submit your contextual information.
- 2.1 or above in any degree discipline
• Minimum of 112 UCAS points. This is based on the new 2017 UCAS Tariff. You can calculate your UCAS points here.
• Grade B or above in GCSE English Language and Maths.
We will fund for you to study towards the ACA qualification.
If you are interested in a career in professional services, we can offer you an exciting head start by joining one of our trainee schemes for school or college leavers.
Mazars Interview Reviews
21 February 2018
My interview was a one on one interview with a member of their graduate recruitment team, the interview took place at their London office. The interview starts with an exercise...
19 June 2017
After completing verbal and numerical tests online, I was invited to the 1st round interview. It was with a member of graduate recruitment and it lasted around an hour where it...
06 July 2015
Firstly there is an online application form to pass. Then there are two stages to the Public Sector Internal Audit (PSIA) recruitment process which is different to the other...
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :finance jobs london banking jobs london management jobs london audit graduate trainee financial september scheme mazars
People who applied for this job also applied for:
5Spencer Ogden Ltd
South East, London
3Lloyds Banking Group
Competitive starting annual salary
South East, South West, London, The East, Bristol, Cambridge, Luton, Reading, Southampton
3Lloyds Banking Group
South West, London, Bristol
Competitive starting annual salary
South West, London, West Midlands, North West, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Yorkshire, Belfast, Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds, Manchester
£30,000 to £40,000 OTE