Audit Graduate - London Audit Group
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
The work of our Audit teams is essential, not just to BDO, but to the whole economy. Working within a range of companies, from start-ups to FTSE350 companies, our Audit teams verify the accuracy of our clients’ financial statements for stakeholders, ensuring the stability and authenticity of the financial market. It’s not just analysing numbers though; Audit teams really get to know their clients. That means you’ll spend every day working as part of a team, often on clients’ premises, working with key individuals to understand their financial performance, business systems, culture and risks. The graduate programme offers unparalleled exposure to a range of clients and the potential for international secondment.
We’ll help you succeed
The three-year Audit Graduate Programme is your opportunity to obtain a unique insight into a wide range of businesses, get real experience on real projects and achieve a recognised professional qualification. We’ll cover your exam fees and give you the study leave and extra training you’ll need to pass them while you balance your own workload. That training isn’t just about passing the exams, you’ll learn a range of personal, management and client-related skills that will help you become a full rounded BDO advisor and achieve your full potential.
The London Audit Group works across a large range of industries and sectors and has built a strong reputation in the market for providing deep sector specialism. As you begin your Audit journey with us, we will support you to develop your technical Audit skills across a breadth of clients, industries and sectors prior to enabling you to elect a sector specialism later in your trainee agreement that is best suited to your career aspirations.
Programme & Qualification
BDO offer the globally recognised Association of Chartered Accountants (ACA) qualification as a Level 7 apprenticeship programme, enabling individuals to become qualified chartered accountants and member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW). The ACA qualification and apprenticeship provides a broad range of accounting, finance and business skills. It opens a wealth of opportunities. The duration of this programme is 36 months.
- Assist within the wider team by obtaining audit evidence necessary to support opinions given
- Prepare analysis of accounting data from clients’ books and records
- Ensure audit files have all relevant documentation on the appropriate section; check appropriate and sufficient documentation obtained to support the opinion and documenting all conclusions
- Active engagement with client staff in the gathering of appropriate audit evidence
- Active adherence to budget and timetable, bringing matters to the attention of the senior or manager, particularly when actual time is in excess of budget
- Involvement in the planning, execution and finalisation of the audit assignment supporting the Audit Seniors or Managers
- Ensure compliance with internal (audit methodology and risk management) and external (regulatory) requirements
- Identify and understand client needs, including sometimes providing initial solutions to client challenges, then communicating these needs and solutions to the Audit Senior or Manager
- Build strong relationships with new and established clients
- Carry out ad hoc assignments as may be reasonably required
- Undertake any training or development required
- Coaching and assisting more junior trainees on teams, both at client premises and in the office
- Successfully study towards your professional qualification and, where relevant, corresponding apprenticeship
When you join us
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you’re right for us, you’ll thrive in an environment built to help you succeed. We’re looking for someone with:
- A 2:2 degree in any discipline (obtained or predicted)
- Three A-levels or equivalent at A* to C excluding General Studies and Extended Projects (obtained or predicted)
- A* to C in Maths and English at GCSE/Scottish Standards or equivalent (non-UK qualifications also considered)
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well as offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 25 days’ holiday;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- and income protection insurance.
Our systems work to support our people, not the other way around. We employ talented people with the imagination and initiative to make a real difference.
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :finance jobs london audit graduate london scheme bdo llp
People who applied for this job also applied for:
EY Consulting Graduate Programmes
Competitive starting annual salary
South West, London, West Midlands, North West, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Yorkshire, Belfast, Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds, Manchester
Trainee Recruitment Consultant 2020 - Central London
£30,000 to £40,000 OTE
Graduate Recruitment Consultant - London
7Spencer Ogden Ltd
South East, London
Sales Graduate Management Programme
£37,000 per annum
South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, Wales, North West, North East, Scotland, Yorkshire, Nationwide
NEW EY Assurance Graduate Programmes (S.East, S.West and London) - April and September 2021 intake
Competitive starting annual salary
South East, South West, London, The East, Bristol, Cambridge, Luton, Reading, Southampton
BDO Audit and Assurance Graduate Programme (London and South East)
South East, London, Nationwide, Guildford, Reading, Southampton, Gatwick