The Association for Financial Markets in Europe (AFME) is seeking an Associate to work in Policy, Technology and Operations. The position offers the candidate an opportunity to work closely with senior individuals at leading investment banks in the European markets to work on current developments and to help influence/shape policy in probably the most challenging financial market environment in a generation.
You will assist in establishing and running committees and working groups comprised of subject matter experts appointed by our member firms, and drive cross-industry collaboration around a range of Policy, Technology and Operations themes.
Within AFME you can expect to collaborate, where their agenda overlaps into the Policy, Technology and Operations arena, with teams from our other Divisions: these include FX, Equities, Fixed Income, High Yield, Prudential Regulation, and Post-Trade.
You can also expect to work closely with our Media, Events and Advocacy teams, public policy professionals at our member firms, representatives from European institutions and regulators, and representatives from other trade associations including AFME’s sister associations SIFMA and ASIFMA based in New York and Hong Kong, respectively as well as other industry associations.
- Draft responses to public consultations from key regulators/other public authorities
- Develop position papers on European legislative proposals
- Help to organise and lead working group calls with members
- Assist in the preparation of agendas and materials for the Compliance, Technology and - Operations, Tax, VAT and Accounting committee meetings and associated working groups
- Attend and participate in relevant committee meetings (and associated working groups) to build knowledge and relationships
- Produce timely and detailed follow-ups arising from relevant committee (and associated working group) meetings
- Monitor Compliance, Technology and Operations, Tax, VAT and Accounting related developments at European, international and member state level and circulate emails to members updating them on key developments
- Produce research notes on relevant policy issues
- Develop relationships with members and assist with membership queries
- Develop relationships with other European trade associations
- Develop relationships with key European policymakers e.g. the European Commission, European Parliament, EBA, ESMA, national regulators
- Attend and report back from industry forum meetings
- Attend team meetings, and, as appropriate, contribute to the running and development of the Policy Division and Technology and Operations Division
Key Competencies, Skills and Experience
- Strong analytical and report writing skills
- Judgement to establish and monitor priorities, escalate issues and solicit feedback when required
- Good time management and organisational ability to manage disparate work streams
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent academic track record
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Second or third European language
If you would like to apply for this position, please submit your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
£22000.00 to £26000.00 per annum depending on experience plus benefits London ASAP
£22000.00 to £26000.00 per annum plus benefits London ASAP
£20,000 (per annum) London ASAP
Competitive plus Bonus East Midlands, West Midlands, Leicester, Rugby ASAP
£40000 to £45000 per annum negotiable depending on experience London ASAP