|Salary:||£22,631 + Bonus|
|Location:||East Midlands, Northampton|
|Sectors:||Customer Service, Manufacturing and Production, Retail, Sales, Food & Drink & Catering|
Are you ambitious to take your career to the next level? We’re looking for star candidates with great business acumen to become the retail leaders of tomorrow. Your mission: to help us make Majestic THE place people think about when they need wine.
Ideally you’ll already be a seasoned sales and management professional, big on operational excellence and delivering outstanding customer service.
You bring the commitment, we’ll fill in the blanks in your wine knowledge, and with the right training and development, in 12 months you could be running your very own Majestic Wine business.
What you’ll be doing
• Your job at Majestic will be to help our customers discover and buy wines they’ll absolutely love, and give them such an enjoyable experience they’ll keep coming back for more.
• You’ll start as Assistant Manager, working as No2 to the Store Manager, alongside a Trainee Manager and a team of part-time Sales Assistants.
• A big part of your job will be managing the training and development of your team. So you’ll be using your experience to make rookie Trainee Managers and Sales Assistants the best they can be, and keeping them at the top of their game.
• If you don’t know the first thing about wine, don’t worry. You soon will. What’s more important is that you’re excited to learn about wine. Through training, tastings and a fair bit of homework we’ll have you earning your WSET Level 2 Certificate in just a couple of months. Your first step towards ultimate wine wizardry.
• Your growing wine knowledge will turn you into an expert at helping customers find their perfect wines. Perhaps for a special occasion, a gift for a friend, or simply getting to know their personal tastes then matching them with wines you know they’ll love.
• You’ll also be running enjoyable and informative tasting events for customers, both in store and out. These are vital for introducing new customers to our wines, and new wines to our existing customers, raising the profile of Majestic and increasing the overall awareness of our range and services.
• Finally, you’ll also help in the overall running of the store, supporting the Store Manager and your colleagues in keeping the shelves fully stocked and looking great. Smashing those sales targets and making your store the best in the business.
Where you’ll end up
How ambitious are you? Competition is fierce for top jobs at Majestic. But if you really blow us away as Assistant Manager, and ace your wine exams, you could put yourself in pole position for the next Store Manager vacancy.
The best Store Managers who regularly smash their KPIs get to pitch to become a Business Partner. That brings greater autonomy, effectively running a Majestic Store as your own wine business. It also means a big increase in salary and bonus potential.
If your skills and interests incline you more to a coaching and development role, you could become a Product Guru or Learning Store Guru, helping to turn our raw talent into the retail stars of tomorrow.
Who knows, you may even have your sights set on our head office. Like we said, how ambitious are you?
What we look for
We’re looking for someone with a minimum of 1 year’s managerial experience in the retail or hospitality industry. A born leader with a good track record of developing their team, and taking ownership of their own development. Someone who’s thrown away the L plates and is serious about taking their management career to the next level.
To succeed in the role, you’ll also need a few things in common with all our managers at Majestic, who are…
“People” people: You’re a friendly face who’s happy to roll up your sleeves and muck in with your team mates. You get along with everyone and like having a bit of fun, but you can also lead from the front and inspire others.
Customer champions: You have a sixth sense for delivering exactly what the customer wants and needs. And you’re willing to go the extra mile to make sure every customer leaves with a warm feeling about Majestic.
Wine lovers: If you’re not a wine expert already, you’re excited about studying to become one, and using that knowledge to help your team and customers.
Natural salespeople: You’re a great communicator. Articulate, persuasive, and able to put customers at ease. People just want to buy from you.
Doers: You make things happen. When a problem needs fixing, you fix it. When something needs doing, you take ownership.
Grafters: Retail can be tough, the hours long and the work hard. So you’ll need bags of energy and determination. But when the going gets tough, you’re in your element.
Flexible people: You want to get on fast, so when opportunities and challenges arise, you’re happy to work in different locations if needed.
Smart cookies: You have a degree or relevant qualification, or a successful track record in your career to date.
Good drivers: You’re over 20 years old and have held a full (UK valid) driving license for at least 12 months.
Workaholics: Retail is no 9—5 job. There are busy sales periods, weekends, and wine exams to study for. It can be a challenging environment. But for people with drive and commitment, a highly rewarding one.
What you’ll get
• An attractive starting salary of £22,631 + bonuses.
• Store bonus schemes, so you can earn more on top of your salary.
• The potential to become a Majestic Business Partner, earning a salary of up to £50,000 OTE.
• Free shares, so you can share in the success of the business.
• A contributory company Pension Plan, to help build up that nest egg for your future.
• Life Assurance (Worth 3 times your annual salary).
• 29 days holiday, including public and bank holidays.
• Industry Leading Training and respected wine qualifications. PLUS invites to wine tasting events and educational travel opportunities abroad.
• A 20% staff discount on everything in store, which you can share with two of your family or friends. PLUS free lunch Fridays and a 16-25 Railcard (if you’re eligible).
Location: Northamptonshire to start immediately.
The online form and personality survey take around 50 mins to complete. It could be the most profitable 50 mins you’ll spend today
£20,248 to £28,939 plus Bonus South East, London, Haslemere, Fernhurst, Camberley, Esher, Claygate ASAP
competitive plus Bonus South East, High Wycombe, Amersham, Chesham Bois, Milton Keynes, Central, Beaconsfield, Forty Green, Burnham, Littleworth, Aylesbury, Aylesbury Town Centre, Marlow, Chesham, Ashley Green ASAP
£20,248 plus Bonus South East, Sevenoaks ASAP
£20,248 plus Bonus South East, Windsor ASAP
£20,248 plus Bonus Staines, Egham Hythe, London, Greenford, Perivale, Lower Edmonton, Edmonton, Uxbridge, Ruislip, Teddington, Acton, East Acton, Hillingdon, Ickenham, Ealing, Park Royal ASAP
£22,000 to £24,500 location weighting plus benefits plus Bonus Watford, London, Purley, Kenley, Hornsey, Crouch End, Sidcup, Blackfen, Edgware, Croydon Ongoing
£22,000 to £24,500 location weighting plus benefits plus Bonus South East, Southend-on-Sea, Colchester, Romford, Hornchurch, Elm Park, Chelmsford Ongoing
£22,000 to £24,500 location weighting plus benefits plus Bonus South East, Epsom, Headley Ongoing
£22,000 to £24,500 location weighting plus benefits plus Bonus South East, Luton Ongoing
£22,000 to £24,500 location weighting plus benefits plus Bonus South East, Portsmouth Ongoing