|Location:||Scotland, Nationwide, Edinburgh, Glasgow|
|Sectors:||Management, Public Sector, Secretarial & Business Admin,|
We are currently seeking applications for an Assistant Economists within the Economist Group based in Edinburgh and Glasgow. This is a permanent and pensionable appointment and new entrants will normally start on the minimum of the pay range. Candidates with a disability who meet the essential criteria below will be invited to the assessments.
The Scottish Government is a diverse organisation, with a range of responsibilities including: health, education, justice, rural affairs, housing, finance, energy, and enterprise. The Scottish Government Economist Group has over 80 economists working alongside other analysts, policy officials and external stakeholders to support these devolved responsibilities.
As an Assistant Economist you will provide economic advice, analysis, and briefing on various aspects of the Scottish economy to help shape and influence the development of the policies and programmes of the Scottish Government.
There are a variety of Assistant Economist opportunities and roles in the Scottish Government including:
• Provide timely economic advice, and analysis to Policy colleagues
• Assist policy colleagues with the development of and reform of policy
• The opportunity to develop both macroeconomic and microeconomic skills and general economic policymaking
• The opportunity to develop technical modelling expertise
• The opportunity to develop expertise in overall impact assessment methodology and gain experience of applying cost-benefit analysis to policy and spending proposals
• Provide briefing to Scottish Ministers, often to tight timescales, working closely with policy teams and stakeholders
• Project management
• Research commissioning
• The opportunity to develop more general skills such as communication (oral & written), networking/stakeholder engagement and self-management.
You will have a first or upper second class Honours degree in Economics, or a postgraduate degree in economics. At least 50% of the course modules must be in economics. You must have studied both macro and microeconomics to qualify. If you graduated more than 5 years ago, you must give examples in the competency section of the application form, of economic articles you have read in depth to demonstrate that you have maintained competency in economics.
Please note: If you fail to demonstrate how you meet the minimum qualifications as stated above, your application will be automatically sifted out.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and oral) skills.
• Experience of gathering, analysing and presenting economic data, using tools such as excel.
• Working on your own initiative, organising and prioritising tasks.
• Excellent ability to work within teams to achieve outcomes.
For further details and to apply online, click here. To apply, you must fully complete and submit an online application via our website before the closing date. To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Sandra Smith who can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0131 244 3364.
If you experience any difficulties accessing our website or completing the online application form, please contact Recruitment on 0131 244 8217 or via email@example.com
Sign up for job alerts - its free
£46,889 to £57.503 Glasgow, Scotland, Edinburgh ASAP
£25,000 plus company car plus benefits South East, Maidenhead ASAP
Competitive Glasgow, Scotland ASAP
Up to £23000.00 per annum plus benefits plus OTE London ASAP
Up to £21000.00 per annum negotiable depending on experience plus benefits plus Bonus London ASAP
competitive plus benefits Scotland ASAP