Arriva Trains Graduate Programme - Strategy & Innovation Analyst
- £26.5k + London Weighting + Benefits + benefits
- Apply by:
- 26th April 2019
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
Arriva is one of the largest providers of passenger transport in Europe, employing around 60,000 people and delivering more than 2.2 billion passenger journeys across 14 European countries each year. Arriva is part of Deutsche Bahn (DB) and is responsible for DB's regional passenger transport services outside Germany.
What does our Graduate Strategy & Innovation Programme look like?
At Arriva we want to find the very best people to help us transform our business. As an Arriva Graduate, you will complete an 18-month programme which is designed to attract and develop future leaders. During the programme, you will have the chance to carry out placements in different business areas and work alongside experienced leaders, giving you a unique insight into our business and the skills you need to excel within it.
Our vast international business offers many opportunities across several locations and it is possible that one of these placements could be based in one of the 14 European countries that Arriva operates in. You will attend a set of international graduate events and training modules where you will gain knowledge about Arriva’s operations, strategy and business model and where you will meet Arriva’s senior managers and Graduates from other countries. As well as your main assignments, you will be working on a project together with other Arriva Graduates. You will be carefully supported by your mentor and will become part of an international Graduate network.
Working in the UK Trains Strategy & Policy Directorate you will own and deliver in depth analysis to inform strategic decision making and our innovation programme. You will identify the required data and analysis to drive performance improvement whilst ensuring that it is being used to measure progress and support the delivery of strategic transformation projects by designing and delivering data and analysis to identify potential benefits.
Being an active member of strategy and policy team you will help to develop the UK trains strategy, transformation programme and the strategic planning process whilst helping to drive innovation in support of these. You will be familiar with innovation methodologies such as design thinking and support the Innovation Manager by delivering analysis to reveal insights, trends and new opportunities for innovations that support our transformation programme.
The type of projects, tasks and responsibilities that you will take on during the programme are in the range of:
· Taking ownership of strategic analysis, proactively updating analysis and driving fresh insight
· Building a strong stakeholder network across the organisation to inform strategic analysis
· Support the production of market analysis for all Train Operating Companies in the organisation
· Identifying future trends and ensure that these are communicated across the business
· Identifying and documenting best practice and ensure this is adopted Arriva wide
· Supporting Train Operating Companies in the identification and delivery of market analysis to inform decision making whilst crafting challenge statements and requirements
· Supporting the facilitation of ideation and product development workshops, design sprints, co-creation sessions and accelerator events
· Collaborate with operating businesses, industry partners, start-ups and SMEs, supporting them to develop new service and solutions for our customers
· Co-ordination of the improvement networks and supporting collaboration between the networks and the Nova Innovation Panel
· Identifying key themes emerging from improvement networks and feeding these through into strategic thinking and vice versa
· Using a range of communication techniques to champion the work of the team.
· Supporting delivery of bid team analysis as required
· Collating reports and presentations regarding analysis, projects and initiatives.
The graduate scheme will give you a solid understanding of the role of strategy and transformation, which could take your career in different directions, working in change management within an operational business, strategy development or towards a role within our team bidding for new business. You could come from an innovation, business or entrepreneurship degree and bring the ability to think creatively and consider a full range of options when problem solving.
After successfully completing the Graduate Programme we will work with you to find a suitable role in our business.
What we are looking for
We are looking for highly motivated, hardworking and ambitious graduates who are keen to apply creative think and innovation methodologies to generate positive change and work with our senior leadership to transform our business and the UK rail industry.
To apply, you will need to meet the following requirements:
· You must have, or be expecting to achieve a minimum 2:1 undergraduate degree
· You are highly analytical, ambitious, constantly seeking opportunities for improvement
· You will have a forward-thinking approach
· You will bring the flexibility to be nationally / internationally mobile
· Confident in presenting analysis to a wide range of stakeholders
· Excellent communication skills and the ability to engage at all levels internally and externally within a diverse multi-cultural environment.
· You will be results driven with the ability to innovate and implement and drive business excellence
· See feedback and setbacks as opportunities to learn and improve
· English language skills to business standard required, and fluency in one other language is an advantage
· All applicants must have citizenship or the right to work in the UK and unfortunately we are unable to sponsor work permits
If you’re looking for an opportunity to make a difference in a global business apply now and you may be one of the candidates to start the Arriva Graduate Programme in September 2019.
Sign up for job alerts - its free