Arriva Trains Graduate Programme -Finance Analyst
- £26.5k + London Weighting + Benefits + benefits
- Apply by:
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
Arriva is one of the largest providers of passenger transport in Europe, employing around 60,000 people and delivering more than 2.2 billion passenger journeys across 14 European countries each year. Arriva is part of Deutsche Bahn (DB) and is responsible for DB's regional passenger transport services outside Germany. Within the UK Arriva trains currently operate 23% of the UK passenger rail operations through the following companies: Arriva Rail North, Arriva Train Wales, Chiltern Railways, Cross Country, Grand central and London Overground Rail Operations Ltd.
What does our Graduate Finance Programme look like?
At Arriva we want to find the very best people to help us transform our business. As an Arriva Finance Graduate, you will complete a 36-month programme which is designed to attract and develop future leaders. During the programme whilst studying for your CIMA or ACCA qualification, you will work within the Bid Team and also give you the chance to work within different business areas and work alongside experienced leaders, giving you a unique insight into our business and the skills you need to excel within it.
Our vast international business offers many opportunities across several locations and it is possible that one of these placements could be based in one of the 14 European countries that Arriva operates in. You will attend a set of international graduate events and training modules where you will gain knowledge about Arriva’s operations, strategy and business model and where you will meet Arriva’s senior managers and Graduates from other countries. As well as your main assignments, you will be working on a project together with other Arriva Graduates. You will be carefully supported by your mentor and will become part of an international Graduate network.
If you have strong financial acumen, sound business knowledge, good commercial awareness and are hardworking then this is the role for you. The finance team are looking for a proactive graduate with an entrepreneurial outlook and someone who is looking for a graduate programme where they can really make a difference and boost their career. You will get involved with financial reporting, KPIs and high-level analysis of numbers and data and be given the opportunity to develop a broad range of financial skills.
- Financial processing and control, developing, improving and maintaining the existing financial control and processing environment;
- Financial reporting, producing robust and effective financial information.
- Financial planning, producing robust and validated financial plans for the department and its ongoing projects. This will include working closely with key management personnel to understand and financially articulate their plans; and
- Financial analysis, producing appropriate and insightful analysis of financial information to help stakeholders make more informed decisions and to understand the financial implications of their actions.
In this role the successful candidate will also be working closely with our Financial Modelling team. This is intended to facilitate development of the candidates Financial Modelling abilities and to provide the successful candidate with the opportunity to learn more advanced excel and other BI tools skills.
Arriva will cover all costs of your examinations (either ACCA or CIMA) over the three-year period and allow paid exam leave, along with salary reviews after each exam.
After successfully completing the Graduate Programme we will work with you to find a suitable role in our business.
What we are looking for
We are looking for highly motivated, hardworking and ambitious graduates who are keen to apply creative thinking and innovation methodologies to generate positive change and work with our senior leadership to transform our business and the UK rail industry.
To apply, you will need to meet the following requirements:
· You must have, or be expecting to achieve a minimum 2:1 undergraduate degree
· You are highly numerate
· You have a desire to continue further education and undertake a post graduate accounting qualification e.g. ACCA, ACA, or CIMA
· An interest in or knowledge/experience of UK railways, transport economics/planning
· You have a structured thought process with a curiosity about data and have an ability to make sense of large sets of data and turn data into insight
· You must be able to effectively communicate data and findings
· You should be confident in presenting analysis to a wide range of stakeholders
· You are organised and able to prioritise effectively
· You have meticulous attention to detail
· You have the ability to keep calm and remain resilient in complicated situations
· You have a flexible approach to working hours and work location including within Europe
· All applicants must have citizenship or the right to work in the UK and unfortunately, we are unable to sponsor work permits
If you’re looking for an opportunity to make a difference in a global business apply now and you may be one of the candidates to start the Arriva Graduate Programme in September 2019.
Sign up for job alerts - its free