Arriva Trains Graduate Programme -Commercial
- £26.5k + London Weighting + Benefits + benefits
- Apply by:
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
Arriva is one of the largest providers of passenger transport in Europe, employing around 60,000 people and delivering more than 2.2 billion passenger journeys across 14 European countries each year. Arriva is part of Deutsche Bahn (DB) and is responsible for DB's regional passenger transport services outside Germany. Within the UK Arriva trains currently operate 23% of the UK passenger rail operations through the following companies: Arriva Rail North, Arriva Train Wales, Chiltern Railways, Cross Country, Grand central and London Overground Rail Operations Ltd.
What does our Graduate Commercial Programme look like?
At Arriva we want to find the very best people to help us transform our business. As an Arriva Commercial Graduate, you will complete an 18-month programme which is designed to attract and develop future leaders. During the programme you will have the chance to carry out placements in different areas and work alongside experienced leaders, giving you a unique insight into our business and the skills you need to excel within it.
Our vast international business offers many opportunities across several locations and it is possible that one of these placements could be based in one of the 14 European countries that Arriva operates in. You will attend a set of international graduate events and training modules where you will gain knowledge about Arriva’s operations, strategy and business model and where you will meet Arriva’s senior managers and Graduates from other countries. As well as your main assignments, you will be working on a project together with other Arriva Graduates. You will be carefully supported by your mentor and will become part of an international Graduate network.
If you have a highly numerate and analytical mind, sound business knowledge, good commercial awareness and are hardworking then this is the role for you. The Commercial Team are looking for a proactive graduate with an entrepreneurial outlook and someone who is looking for a graduate programme where they can really make a difference and boost their career. You work with the bid team to create and deliver comprehensive, verified and actionable Market Analysis documentation for target operations which enable evidenced-based decisions in the creation of commercial strategies or solutions.
• Manage the ongoing gathering, examination and synthesis of customer data including (but not limited to) rail ticket sales and volumes, travel on other modes, economic and demographic information, customer attitudes, behaviours and satisfaction with services
• Manage customer data used and relied upon in the creation of demand forecasts used in bids and undertake quality assurance checks as required
• Build relationships with internal stakeholders to share information and to be accountable for building and researching knowledge of the rail business. Use customer data to inform and develop passenger demand and revenue forecasting, fares and ticketing strategies, commission payments, revenue protection, train service commercial specifications with associated revenue and loading/crowding evaluation and ancillary services/revenue
• Assist in the preparation and submission of bids and PQQs.
• Participate in Arriva Customer Insight working groups and attend internal meetings to contribute to identifying opportunities
• Manage the procurement of bespoke customer data or customer research
• Use skills and knowledge to support existing Arriva companies in obtaining and use of customer data and its uses to inform action
• Whilst this role is primarily focussed on UK Rail bids, you may be required to support other bids for other parts of Arriva plc, including Europe
After successfully completing the Graduate Programme we will work with you to find a suitable role in our business.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a highly motivated, hardworking and ambitious graduates who are keen to apply creative thinking and innovation methodologies to generate positive change and work with our senior leadership to transform our business and the UK rail industry.
To apply, you will need to meet the following requirements:
· You must have, or be expecting to achieve a minimum 2:1 undergraduate degree
· You are highly numerate with qualifications in subjects such as: Economics, Operational Research, Transport Planning, Statistics/Applied Maths, Science, Engineering, Business Management.
· You have an interest in or knowledge/experience of UK railways, transport economics/planning
· You will have a structured thinking and a curiosity about data. An ability to make sense of large sets of data and turn data into insight.
· You can effectively communicate data and findings
· You are organised and able to prioritise effectively
· You have the ability to keep calm and resilient in complicated situations
· Unfortunately, you must have the right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor work permits.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to make a difference in a global business apply now and you may be one of the candidates to start the Arriva Graduate Programme in September 2019.
Sign up for job alerts - its free