Arriva Graduate Programme - Human Resources
- £28k+Benefits + benefits
- London, Central London
- Apply by:
- 30th November 2018
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
Arriva is one of the largest providers of passenger transport in Europe, employing around 60,000 people and delivering more than 2.2 billion passenger journeys across 14 European countries each year. Arriva is part of Deutsche Bahn (DB) and is responsible for DB's regional passenger transport services outside Germany.
What does our Graduate HR Programme look like?
At Arriva we want to find the very best people to help us transform our business. As an Arriva Graduate, you will complete an 18-month programme which is designed to attract and develop future leaders. During the programme, you will have the chance to carry out placements in all areas of HR and work alongside experienced leaders, giving you a unique insight into our business and the skills you need to excel within it.
Our vast international business offers many opportunities across several locations and it is possible that one of these placements could be based in one of the 14 European countries that Arriva operates in. You will attend a set of international graduate events and training modules where you will gain knowledge about Arriva’s operations, strategy and business model and where you will meet Arriva’s senior managers and Graduates from other countries. As well as your main assignments, you will be working on a project together with other Arriva Graduates. You will be carefully supported by your mentor and will become part of an international Graduate network.
Working in the Human Resources team you will not only help to ensure that we operate ethically, legally and responsibly but you will also be involved in our talent, engagement, and attraction strategies.
The type of projects, tasks and responsibilities that you will take on
during the programme are in the range of:
• Talent Acquisition – Creating a compelling EVP and a world class candidate experience
• Talent Development – Mapping, developing and delivering amazing learning interventions
• Human Resources – connecting our people strategy with our functions, teams and operations
• Employee Relations – Keeping us legal and developing our IR strategy
• Engagement – Creating an engaging working environment with great leaders leading teams
This graduate scheme will also off you a solid operational perspective, which could take your career in different directions, working in central teams, or regional operating companies.
What we are looking for
We are looking for highly motivated, hardworking and ambitious graduates to join our fantastic HR graduate scheme, this will be your chance to help continue our high support and challenge partnership with senior leadership to make a real impact from the word go.
To apply, you will need to meet the following requirements:
• You must have, or be expecting to achieve a minimum 2:1 undergraduate
• You are ambitious, constantly question what needs to be challenged and improved and identify opportunities
• You will have a forward-thinking approach
• You will bring the flexibility to be nationally / internationally mobile
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to engage at all levels internally and externally within a diverse multi-cultural environment.
• You will be results driven with the ability to innovate and implement and drive operational excellence
• See feedback and setbacks as opportunities to learn and improve
• English language skills to business standard required, and fluency in one other language is an advantage
All applicants must have citizenship or the right to work in the UK and unfortunately we are unable to sponsor work permits
If you’re looking for an opportunity to make a difference in a global business apply now and you may be one of the candidates to start the Arriva Graduate Programme in September 2019.
Sign up for job alerts - its free