Arriva Graduate Programme - Finance
- £28k+Benefits + benefits
- London, Central London
- Apply by:
- 30th November 2018
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
Arriva is one of the largest providers of passenger transport in Europe, employing around 60,000 people and delivering more than 2.2 billion passenger journeys across 14 European countries each year. Arriva is part of Deutsche Bahn (DB) and is responsible for DB's regional passenger transport services outside Germany.
What does our Graduate Finance Programme look like?
At Arriva we want to find the very best people to help us transform our business. During the 3 year programme, you will have the chance to carry out placements in different business areas and work alongside experienced leaders, giving you a unique insight into our business and the skills you need to excel within it. It is possible that one of these placements is an international one, to one of the 14 European countries that Arriva operates in.
If you have strong financial acumen, sound business knowledge, good commercial awareness and are hardworking then this is the role for you. The finance team are looking for a proactive graduate with an entrepreneurial outlook and someone who is looking for a graduate programme where they can really make a difference and boost their career. You will get involved with financial reporting, KPIs and high- level analysis of numbers and data. You will also be going out and visiting depots and sites, explaining financial information and helping to drive change and improvements, so good communication and stakeholder skills are essential. You will also get the chance to look at ways we can improve financial reporting, coming up with ideas and implementing them.
The type of projects, tasks and responsibilities that you will take on during the programme are in the range of:
• ACCA or CIMA – Arriva will cover all costs of your
examinations over the three-year period and allow paid exam leave, along
with salary reviews after each exam.
• Exposure to Senior Management from the start.
• Opportunity to work on bespoke projects within other sectors of the business.
• Monthly reporting and independent reporting.
• Opportunity to spend time overseas with our European Partners.
After successfully completing the Graduate Programme we will work with you to find a suitable role in our business.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a highly motivated, hardworking and ambitious graduate to join the Arriva Finance Graduate Programme, this will be your chance to help us shape it and work closely with senior leadership.
To apply, you will need to meet the following requirements:
• You must have or be expecting to achieve a minimum 2:1 undergraduate
degree preferably in a finance related degree but this is not essential.
• Some commercial experience is desirable.
• You are ambitious, constantly question what needs to be challenged and improved and identify opportunities.
• You will have a forward-thinking approach.
• You will bring the flexibility to be nationally / internationally mobile.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to engage at all levels internally and externally within a diverse multi-cultural environment.
• You will be results driven with the ability to innovate and implement and drive operational excellence.
• See feedback and setbacks as opportunities to learn and improve.
• English language skills to business standard required, and fluency in one other language is an advantage.
All applicants must have citizenship or the right to work in the UK and unfortunately we are unable to sponsor work permits
If you’re looking for an opportunity to make a difference in a global business apply now and you may be one of the candidates to start the Arriva Graduate Programme in September 2019
Sign up for job alerts - its free