Arriva Graduate Programme - Engineer (Kent)
- £26,000 + benefits
- South East, Gillingham
- Apply by:
- 30th August 2019
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
Arriva is one of the largest providers of passenger transport in Europe, employing around 60,000 people and delivering more than 2.2 billion passenger journeys across 14 European countries each year. Arriva is part of Deutsche Bahn (DB) and is responsible for DB's regional passenger transport services outside Germany.
What does our Graduate Engineer Programme look like?
At Arriva we want to find the very best people to help us transform our business. As an Arriva Graduate, you will complete an 18-month programme which is designed to attract and develop future leaders. During the programme, you will have the chance to carry out placements in different business areas and work alongside experienced leaders, giving you a unique insight into our business and the skills you need to excel within it.
Our vast international business offers many opportunities across several locations and it is possible that one of these placements could be based in one of the 14 European countries that Arriva operates in. You will attend a set of international graduate events and training modules where you will gain knowledge about Arriva’s operations, strategy and business model and where you will meet Arriva’s senior managers and Graduates from other countries. As well as your main assignments, you will be working on a project together with other Arriva Graduates. You will be carefully supported by your mentor and will become part of an international Graduate network.
Working as an Engineering graduate you will be able to experience different aspects of the business, spending time on the shop floor, repairing buses, learning the ropes of supervising the workshop and all it entails, agreeing budgets, allocating and planning work, whilst dealing with external and internal stakeholders. You will also be able to undertake technical training and encouraged and provided with the opportunity to get professional registered to Charted Engineering status.
This is a fast paced, hands on role where you will be exposed to the grass roots level of engineering straight away; real world, real time engineering whilst at the same time developing unparalleled managerial skills.
The type of projects, tasks and responsibilities that you will take
on during the programme are vast but will include:
• Ensuring the huge fleet of buses are road worthy – a huge managerial responsibility
• Reviewing contracts suppliers wise
• Management of Engineers and supervising the workshop
• Agreeing budgets, allocating and planning work
• Liaising and negotiating with Unions
After successfully completing the Graduate Programme we will work with you to find a suitable role in our business.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for highly motivated, hardworking and ambitious graduates to join the Engineering Graduate programme from an Engineering background.
To apply, you will need to meet the following requirements:
• You must have, or be expecting to achieve a minimum 2:1 undergraduate degree in Engineering preferably mechanical or automotive
• You are ambitious, constantly question what needs to be challenged and improved and identify opportunities
• You will have a forward-thinking approach
• You will bring the flexibility to be nationally / internationally mobile
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to engage at all levels internally and externally within a diverse multi-cultural environment.
• You will be results driven with the ability to innovate and implement and drive operational excellence
• See feedback and setbacks as opportunities to learn and improve
• English language skills to business standard required, and fluency in one other language is an advantage
• All applicants must have citizenship or the right to work in the UK and unfortunately we are unable to sponsor work permits
If you’re looking for an opportunity to make a difference in a global business apply now and you may be one of the candidates to start the Arriva Graduate Programme in September 2019.
Sign up for job alerts - its free