Applied Science Industrial Placement
Brackley, United Kingdom
At the Mercedes-AMG Petronas Formula One Team, a group of passionate and determined people work to design, develop, manufacture and race the cars driven by seven-time World Champion Lewis Hamilton and Grand Prix winner George Russell.
Whether working in our Operations, Technical, Race or Business Support functions, we are all in and aspire to build the greatest team in the history of our sport.
Every individual plays their part. No stone is left unturned in the chase for every tenth of a second. The history of our sport is long and rich, and we are continuing our journey with renewed effort year on year. Record books remember the names of a few, but history is written by the many.
About the Role:
As an Industrial Placement student, you will be an integral part of the Applied Science team. Applied Science focuses on non-F1 projects and has an impressive client portfolio which means the work is varied, challenging and exciting. Ingenuity, lateral thinking and problem solving are just some of the requirements that you will need but a keenness to participate with and learn from the existing team is paramount.
Successful candidates will have:
- You will have at least one year left on your studies at the time of taking up the placement in July 2024
- You will have a strong background in mechanical engineering or physics-based disciplines and have some knowledge of 3D CAD. Commitment and a focussed approach will be required along with attention to detail whilst working in a fast paced and challenging environment.
- It does not matter whether you already have an interest in motorsport or not: we are looking for candidates who are passionate about reaching their full potential and are excited about constantly learning. Whatever your background, we believe that you will find your placement with us a memorable and enriching experience.
- Flexibility in hours and approach is required, along with a ‘can do’, ‘team-playing’ attitude and the ability to work to strict deadlines under minimal supervision.
- Hands on experience in an engineering environment.
- Skills you could gain from your placement include:
- Real world problem solving
- Clean sheet design using 3D CAD and simulation tools
- Project Planning and workload management.
Our riverside campus is powered by 100% renewably sourced energy and features an on-site gym and exercise studio, subsidised restaurant and on-site parking with EV chargers available.
We offer a competitive and attractive package of benefits including private medical cover, annual heath assessments, life assurance, 25 days holiday and a trackside familiarisation day.
At the heart of our performance are our people. Every member of our team has a voice and plays their part in contributing to our successes on and off the racetrack.
Through our Accelerate 25 programme, we are continuously working to make our team even more diverse and inclusive. Whatever your background, we believe that you will find working with us rewarding and enriching.
We welcome applications from everyone and are committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining the best and most talented individuals. We will look to provide sponsorship to candidates who require a visa to live and work in the UK, subject to meeting all the necessary Home Office requirements.
Recruitment timings and process:
Typically, our Industrial Placements are for a thirteen-month period starting in July 2024.
All assessments in the recruitment process are in English: this is the primary language used within the organisation and you need a good level of written and spoken English in the Industrial Placement role.
This position is office-based, at our campus in Brackley, United Kingdom.
Please submit your cover letter and CV as one PDF. Candidates will also be asked to complete our Industrial Placement questionnaire as part of the application process. You may apply for more than one placement but please note that you will have to complete the questionnaire for each application.
The closing date for applications is Tuesday 26 September 2023 at
23:59 British Summer Time.
Click here to apply today, or via the link below!