Applied Intelligence UX Consultant Graduate - BAE
Here at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we are committed to helping governments, organisations and society navigate digital threats and opportunities. Whether it’s leveraging data to digitally transform operations or securing organisations and nations from cyber threats, we combine our unrivalled security and engineering heritage to help our clients navigate the data-reliant digital landscape.
As the cyber and intelligence arm of BAE Systems, we employ over 3,500 people across 15 countries in North America, APAC, Europe and the Middle East. With our distinguished heritage, we relish the opportunity to transform digital and data practices, defence, intelligence, security and society for government agencies, law enforcement, financial services, and critical infrastructure.
The graduate programme is designed to give you ownership of your career aspirations, supported by training and practical experience to help you succeed. You will be part of our Future Talent Community and be assigned a Career Manager, who will support and guide you throughout your career with us. All of this is designed to complement your career development, fuel your ambition, and give depth to your training and career.
With a strong understanding of best practices and methodologies, UX Consultants are the primary end-user advocates who produce online experiences that engage even the most discerning audiences. They are research and data enthusiasts who consume large amounts of information and distil it into simple yet engaging and useful digital products and services to serve a wide variety of online experiences.
BAE Systems Applied Intelligence is a fast paced and agile business. The more you put into your role the more you will get out, building lasting professional relationships. You will be part of our Future Talent Community and be provided with a Career Mentor, who will support and guide you throughout your career with us. It is not all work and no play, the Future Talent community regularly run social events and activities for all to get involved with.
As a Graduate UX Consultant, responsibilities might include:
- Conduct user research and requirements gathering, task and concept modelling, information architecture and UX design, and concept/usability testing.
- Design interactions using an iterative process, based on evidence from deep customer insight, and gathered through interviews, studies, analytics, usability testing and more.
- Create user experience specifications, personas, user journeys, wireframes, design patterns, interactive prototypes and information architecture assets such as site maps, screen flows and navigation models that demonstrate empathy with users.
- Work collaboratively with strategy, business analyst, visual design and technical development teams
- Be a subject matter expert for a user-centred design methodology, contributing to cross-functional teams including software architects, account managers and other designers.
- Communicate design rationale, project progress and proactively contribute to ongoing improvements and enhancements of our methodologies.
What are we looking for?
- Knowledge of accessibility compliance, SEO, social, personalisation, responsive design, assisted digital, search, ecommerce and online customer service
- Good understanding and use of software such as Google Analytics, Adobe Test & Target
- Proficiency in relevant software packages Sketch, Framer, Just in Mind, Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent communication and team skills
- Good general understanding of web technologies
- You will need to have obtained or be studying towards a 2:2 or above
- You will need to have graduated within the last 3 years
- Only those with the permanent and unrestricted right to live and work in the UK will be considered for a position within BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. Due to the nature of our, work successful candidates for this role will be required to go through Government SC clearance prior to starting with us. https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/united-kingdom-security-vetting
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Clear and effective communication skills
- Articulate, both verbally and in writing
- Objective and logical with an enquiring and creative mind
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Resilience under pressure
- Desire to learn
- Competence in Microsoft Office packages/ IT literate
We expect great things of our graduates. In return, you can expect a £30,000 starting salary with regular, performance based uplifts and a comprehensive benefits and pension package, including 25 days’ annual holiday with flexible leave arrangements and product and service discounts.
Applications for this position will close on December 20th. Following this, those progressed, will be invited to undertake a virtual assessment involving gamified challenges and video questions on HireVue. If you are successful at this stage, you’ll then be invited to a virtual, final interview in February.
Please reach out to your recruitment contact, if you need to discuss any requirements for reasonable accommodations throughout the recruitment process.
Life at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Division overview: Government
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Government contracts are an area we have many decades of experience in. Our Government business unit houses four of our critical client groups: UK National Security, Global National Security, defence and central government. Government and key infrastructure networks are critical targets to defend as the effects of these networks being breached can be devastating.
As a member of the Government business unit, you will defend the connected world and ensure the protection of nations. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.
BAE Systems PLC
At BAE Systems we serve, supply and protect those who serve and protect us. Ours is a culture that values diversity, rewards integrity and merit, and is a place where everyone has the opportunity to fulfil their potential, no matter what their background.
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :intelligence consultant graduate bae systems plc
People who applied for this job also applied for:
Graduate Marketing Executive
£27,000 + Benefits Phone + Laptop + International Travel
London, International, International (Europe)
Graduate Analyst - TPP
Anti-Money Laundering Analyst
Sales Development Consultant
Cloud Engineering Graduate Scheme
£32,000 year one salary, rising to £40,000 in your second year
South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, Wales, North West, North East, Scotland, Yorkshire, Nationwide, Republic of Ireland
Graduate Technical Consultant