|Sectors:||Consultancy, Computing & IT, Research & Analysis|
• Location- London Head Office, Holborn
Argus Consulting Services is the research division of Argus Media — the largest independent energy publisher in the world. We provide clients with customised analysis, research, data and commentary services on international energy markets.
Our research is firmly focused on markets — their structure, logistics and economics. Argus Consulting Services draws on Argus’ key strengths — energy markets expertise, global networks and proprietary databases — in order to deliver real client value.
The division undertakes tailor-made commissioned assignments for a wide variety of clients, including governments, national oil and energy companies, multi-nationals, the finance sector, energy traders, upstream, mid and downstream independents, and clients in the consultancy and energy services sectors.
We are looking for talented graduates to join our global Consulting Services practice, where you will work on a range of research projects to provide our clients with the in-depth analysis, insight and perspective they require. Successful candidates will play a key role in building the business through development of propositions, products and services. Our team is small, but with real ambition to grow. Staff that have a ‘can-do’ attitude and are prepared to play a role in all aspects of building the business will thrive. The opportunities for reward are excellent.
• Undertake research and analysis across a range of commodity markets to
apply expertise to Consulting projects
• Lead components of project delivery, under guidance from project managers
• Develop data sets and models to support the forecasting of supply, demand, capacity, imports and exports, price, production costs and margin for one or more commodities
• Liaise with Argus staff to ensure current knowledge of Argus products and maintain current knowledge of major drivers and trends across commodity markets
• Work with commodity analysts around the globe to extract maximum value out of data collected across the organisation and to deliver integrated analysis
• Identify new sources of data to capture within the Argus fundamentals databases
• Support the development and commercialisation of new data-driven products
• Provide data and analysis in support of monthly and annual publications and to support the delivery of consulting projects
• Identify new areas of commodity market analysis
• Play a role in development of the consulting practice
Skills and Experience
• Graduate with a strong degree from a leading university
• Highly numerate with experience analysing data quickly and meticulously with excellent attention to detail and accuracy focus
• Intellectually curious and able to demonstrate structured problem solving and analytical skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong IT skills including advanced Excel and Powerpoint
• Ability to handle multiple tasks to deadline and to meet targets
• Flexible in approach, highly motivated and willing to contribute to the growth of Argus’ Consulting Services.
About Argus Media
Argus is an independent media organisation with more than 850 staff. It is headquartered in London and has 21 offices in the world’s principal commodity trading and production centres. Argus produces price assessments and analysis of international energy and other commodity markets, and also offers bespoke consulting services and industry leading conferences.
Companies in 140 countries around the world use Argus data to index physical trade and as benchmarks in financial derivative markets as well as for analysis and planning purposes.
Half of Argus employees are commodity journalists who specialise in reporting news and price information relating to physical energy and related commodity markets. They operate according to a rigorous Editorial Code of Conduct and a Compliance and Ethics Policy that align with best journalistic practice, including the avoidance of conflicts of interest.
Argus was founded in 1970 and is a privately held UK-registered company. It is owned by staff shareholders and global growth equity firm General Atlantic.
• Competitive salary
• Group pension scheme
• Group healthcare and life assurance scheme
• 25 days holiday with annual increase up to 30 days
• Subsidised gym membership
• Season ticket travel loans
• Cycle to work scheme
• Extensive internal and external training
To find out more and apply, click here or via the apply button below.
Sign up for job alerts - its free
£20000.00 to £23000.00 per annum plus benefits London ASAP
Competitive plus benefits London ASAP
£22000.00 to £24000.00 per annum depending on experience plus benefits London ASAP
Competitive plus benefits West Midlands, Birmingham 3-Jul-2018
Competitive plus benefits Scotland, Edinburgh Various