Amberside Valuations - Graduate Programme
Job Type: Fixed term contract which we expect to convert to permanent on qualification.
Salary: £28,000 plus performance related bonus with the opportunity for rapid progression post qualification.
Benefits: Fully funded CIMA/CFA qualification with paid study leave, 22 days annual leave + bank holidays + birthday, flexible working hours (after 6 months), sports and social club events and activities, and weekly free team lunch.
Location: Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire. The role will initially be office based with the possibility of flexibility dependant on progression and performance.
About the role:
We are looking for graduates to join our relatively young, sociable and closely knit team as a Junior Analysts. The success candidates should like numerical analysis; thrive in a team atmosphere and have a good attention to detail. They will need strong verbal and written communications skills. We do not require extensive knowledge of finance or excel; however you should have a desire to develop these skills. You are probably the sort of person who enjoys solving problems. We are offer extensive on-the-job training and opportunities for funded external qualifications.
The Junior Analyst will report to an Associate Director or Director and assist the team in the valuation of infrastructure and energy transition assets for our clients. This is primarily carried out in Excel using financial forecasting models. You will also build financial models and assist clients in making or realising their investments.
- Perform valuation bridging analysis through analysis of current and historic financial models including identifying reasons for value change. Presenting this analysis in clear, easy to understand investor reports.
- Support more experienced colleagues in building financial models for funds and the assets they invest in, as well as assisting with acquisitions, disposals and refinancing.
- Present your analysis and financial models to clients.
- Interpret and analyse financial modelling results in a commercial – real life – context of the performance of the asset or fund.
- Review legal documentation including letters of engagement and project documents.
- Provide internal and external training to colleagues or clients on a range of topics.
- Provide feedback to others about their work.
- Administrative and office support duties which may include data entry, correspondence and ad-hoc internal project support
- Degree or equivalent qualification in a numerically based subject;
- Analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Strong work ethic;
- Attention to detail;
- Aptitude for Excel;
- Ability to work in an efficient organised manner;
- Desire to work in a varied and challenging career;
- Proactive team player;
- Strong communication skills;
- Strong written English;
- Strong commercial mind-set;
- Desire to deliver excellent customer service; and
- Ability and desire for continuous learning
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products;
- Previous work experience in an office based role;
- Experience of legal documentation;
- Good IT skills; and
- Confident at dealing with people at all levels.
Amberside Valuations provides financial modelling and asset valuation services to fund managers who invest in infrastructure and energy transition assets. We regularly value over 300 assets for some of the largest European infrastructure investors with total fund values of over £10bn.
In addition to running valuation services for our clients, we build fund financial models, financial models for the assets they invest in, and assist with their acquisitions, asset sales and refinancings. Throughout all our mandates financial modelling is a core element.
We pride ourselves in being experts in financial modelling and company valuation, working on assets in: renewable energy generation, healthcare, education, transports, the circular economy, defence, utilities, digital infrastructure and battery storage. We work closely with our sister company, Amberside Capital, who advise firms raising capital in the infrastructure and energy transition sectors, and investors making investments in those sectors.
Amberside Valuations is a specialist provider of valuation services to infrastructure and energy investors and is part of the wider Amberside Group.
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :amberside valuations graduate programme scheme
People who applied for this job also applied for:
Graduate Analyst - TPP
Commercial Shipping Graduate Trainee
World Tankers (UK) Ltd
Sales Development Representative / Business Development Representative
£30,000 Basic, £47,000 OTE
Remote (work from home), London
Tax Graduate Trainee (Indirect Tax) - September 2023
Entry Level Recruitment Consultant - London - Hiring Now!
£20,000 to £45,000+
London, North West, International (Europe), Manchester
Graduate Sales Executive - Forex
£30K bas60Ke, £
Celsius Graduate Recruitment