|Salary:||£26,000 (plus £2,000 welcome bonus) plus benefits|
|Sectors:||Engineering, Computing & IT, Science & Technology, Military & Defence|
Airbus Defence and Space is a division of Airbus Group formed by combining the business activities of Cassidian, Astrium and Airbus Military. The new division is Europe's number one defence and space enterprise, the second largest space business worldwide and among the top ten global defence enterprises. It employs some 40,000 employees generating revenues of approximately €14 billion per year.
Airbus Group is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2015, the Group - comprising Airbus, Airbus Defence and Space and Airbus Helicopters - generated revenues of €64.5 billion and employed a workforce of around 136,600.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Our UK Graduate Programme provides exceptional graduates the opportunity to master managerial and technical skills. Over the two year period it combines rotational placements with focused training and the possibility of European assignments as well as further personal development and the chance to build your professional network.
From day one, you will be assigned to a particular department and will be guided through the various placement opportunities that exist within your function, the wider business and even with customers and suppliers. This, along with training provided works to ensure you are ready and experienced enough to take the next step of your career following the programme's conclusion.
The Communications Products Group (CPG) is a world leader in Digital Processors and other Payload Equipment for Telecommunication Satellites, with work being undertaken for a range of national and international customers. The responsibility of the group covers research and development of new digital processor products and RF products, manufacture and test of flight electronic equipment and in-orbit operational support. It is an exciting time to join CPG, as new products are being developed to meet the needs of tomorrow's digitally-processed satellite payloads.
As a Graduate Electrical / Electronics Engineer, main activities will include:
- Working within engineering teams to design, build and implement solutions to the problems faced in the CPG team,ensuring schedules and cost budgets are maintained.
- Understanding and managing complex technical tasks, working with design requirements in order to produce world-leading products and systems.
- Generate progress reports that show how each task is evolving and communicating thisto a range of technical and non-technical colleagues/customers.
- Be involved in, and eventually lead, engineering tasks such as system architecture and design, analogue/digital circuit design or software programming.
- Produce detailed technical documents to accompany the engineering designs, suitable for the end customer of the product/system.
These roles will be based in Stevenage and will receive the full Airbus Defence & Space Graduate programme benefit package including an annual Salary of £26,000, plus a welcome payment of £2,000.
- At minimum, a 2:1 degree or equivalent qualification in Electronic Engineering, Physics or related subject.
- Experience of applying practical engineering skills for technical problem solving (e.g. lab projects).
- Experience of digital and/or analogue design.
- Excellent communication, presentation and team working skills.
- A proactive approach and good problem solving skills.
- Experience of Programming languages, e.g. C++ / C#.
- Experience of designing and simulating electronic circuits.
The successful candidate will be subject to UK National Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
Please note the closing date for applications to this position is 25th November 2016.
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc. If you wish to discuss this further please contact via email Graduates@airbus.com. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence
Airbus Group is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background,age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
£27,000 to £30,000 Nationwide 1-Sep-2017
Competitive plus benefits Nationwide Ongoing
Competitive plus benefits London, Yorkshire 1-Jul-2017
Competitive plus benefits London 3-Jul-2017
Competitive South East, Hatfield, Brookmans Park 1-Sep-2017
Competitive plus benefits London ASAP
Competitive plus benefits London Various
£26,000 plus benefits South West, Nationwide 17-Oct-2016
Competitive plus expenses London ASAP
Competitive plus benefits Nationwide Ongoing
£24, 500 plus benefits salary review Nationwide 1-Sep-2017
£19k London ASAP
£40,000 plus benefits Wales, North West Ongoing
£23000 to £46000 per annum plus OTE London 28-Nov-2016
£25000.00 to £45000.00 per annum plus Bonus Central ASAP
£22,000 plus benefits London 1-Jun-2017
£20000 to £23000 per annum plus benefits plus OTE plus Bonus plus share scheme Central ASAP
£24000 to £55000 per annum plus stock options plus OTE plus Bonus plus share scheme Central 18-Nov-2016