|Salary:||£26,000 (plus £2,000 welcome bonus) plus benefits|
|Sectors:||Engineering, Science & Technology, Telecommunications, Military & Defence|
Airbus Defence and Space is a division of Airbus Group formed by combining the business activities of Cassidian, Astrium and Airbus Military. The new division is Europe's number one defence and space enterprise, the second largest space business worldwide and among the top ten global defence enterprises. It employs some 40,000 employees generating revenues of approximately €14 billion per year.
Airbus Group is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2015, the Group - comprising Airbus, Airbus Defence and Space and Airbus Helicopters - generated revenues of €64.5 billion and employed a workforce of around 136,600.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Our UK Graduate Programme provides exceptional graduates the opportunity to master managerial and technical skills. Over the two year period it combines rotational placements with focused training and the possibility of European assignments as well as further personal development and the chance to build your professional network.
From day one, you will be assigned to a particular department and will be guided through the various placement opportunities that exist within your function, the wider business and even with customers and suppliers. This, along with training provided works to ensure you are ready and experienced enough to take the next step of your career following the programme's conclusion.
A number of opportunities are available to join the Airbus Defence & Space 2017 Graduate Programme as a Graduate Avionics Engineer. Working on diverse missions such as ExoMars Rover and Solar Orbiter, you will have the opportunity to work within one of the following departments:
• Flight Dynamics and Guidance,Navigation and Control (AOCS /GNC)
• Satellite Functional Verification and Infrastructure(FV / FV-I)
• Database and Flight Procedures
• Functional Verification
Main activities will include:
• Design algorithms to control the dynamics of spacecraft and developing simulators.
• Development, execution, and reporting of test procedures and anomaly investigation.
• Development of simulators forthe functional aspects of satellites.
• Developing the environments for testing of the avionics for space.
• Data engineering, supporting the definition, population and validation of the spacecraft database.
• Flight Operation Procedures definition and validation.
These roles will be based in Stevenage and will receive the full Airbus Defence & Space Graduate programme benefit package including an annual Salary of £26,000, plus a welcome payment of £2,000.
• At minimum, a 2:1 degree or equivalent qualification in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Mechatronics, Applied Mathematics, Physics or related subject.
• Experience of Programming, e.g. Java, C++, SQL.
• Able to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
• Proactive approach with good problem solving skills.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Knowledge of spacecraft dynamics, control engineering or estimation.
• Knowledge of LINUX.
• Familiarity with hardware / software interaction.
• Experience of modelling and simulation, e.g. MATLAB, Simulink, UML.
The successful candidate will be subject to UK National Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
Please note the closing date for applications to this position is 25th November 2016.
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc. If you wish to discuss this further please contact via email firstname.lastname@example.org. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Airbus Group is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcomeall applications irrespective of social and cultural background,age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief
Competitive depending on experience London, Scotland, Northern Ireland ASAP
Competitive plus benefits South West, Malmesbury Various
£24,000 plus benefits Nationwide 1-Sep-2017
£26,500 plus benefits East Midlands, West Midlands ASAP
Competitive South East, Hatfield, Brookmans Park
£27,000 to £30,000 Nationwide 1-Sep-2017
£19k London ASAP
Competitive plus benefits London 3-Jul-2017
£32,500 +£5,000 welcome bonus plus benefits plus Bonus Nationwide
Competitive plus benefits London
£28,000 plus benefits South West, London, Scotland
£22,000 to £24,500 location weighting plus benefits plus Bonus Nationwide Ongoing
Competitive plus benefits plus OTE plus Bonus London Various
23,000 plus OTE London Ongoing
£14,000 (per annum) London ASAP
£35,000 to £40,000 in first year plus benefits plus OTE plus Bonus plus expenses London ASAP
£14,500 (per annum) London ASAP
£14,400 (per annum) London ASAP