Aerospace Engineering Graduate Programme
About the programme
Aerospace Engineering will introduce you to a true breadth of aviation maintenance engineering activities, with a view to progressing in engineering or general management. Covering everything from aircraft systems, airworthiness and air safety management to human factors in aviation, you’ll make a real impact across this two-year learning experience.
Aerospace Engineering at Babcock
The possibilities are incredibly varied; it all depends on how you want to develop your career. In the first year, you’ll be placed in operations management or engineering operations, either in military or civil aviation services. You’ll develop knowledge of aviation compliance, safety management processes and the safe delivery of aviation services. In the second year, you could be placed into broader business management roles. They could include working with our international supply chain, business development, strategy and capabilities, bidding for new business, contract management or programme management. Whatever you find yourself doing, you’ll be supported all the way.
What you'll need
- An honours degree in Aeronautical Engineering or similar is vital
- An understanding of the fundamentals of both health and safety and quality management
- To be able to satisfy our customer’s security requirements (you may need to complete a medical assessment)
What you'll get
We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career.
- Minimum 25 days holiday entitlements + bank holidays + agile working* subject to conversation with your Manager
- Generous pension and employee share schemes
- Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts
- Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
- You’ll also have the chance to get involved in our STEM outreach and volunteering activities, which our graduates find incredibly rewarding in all sorts of other ways.
Your career development
It’s hard to beat the variety of fantastic opportunities and business experiences you’ll receive during this development programme. You can expect real world encounters and exposure to exciting projects that will really help you navigate where you want to take your career.
Babcock International Group
Babcock is an international defence company operating in our focus countries of the UK, Australasia, Canada, France and South Africa, with exports to additional markets. We operate as four main sectors - Marine, Nuclear, Land and Aviation.
Babcock International Group Interview Reviews
19 June 2017
Initially was a telephone interview, which lasted 20 minutes. At the assessment centre there was a one on one hour interview. Consisted of 9 competency questions which needed...
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :aerospace engineering graduate programme babcock international
People who applied for this job also applied for:
Propulsion Engineering Graduate Programme
Jaguar Land Rover
South East, West Midlands, North East, Whitley
Data Science Graduate Programme
Remote (work from home), South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, Wales, North West, North East, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Yorkshire, Nationwide
Graduate Software Developer (No coding experience required)
Graduate Data Engineer – paid to train
£34k Starting Salary
Technical Systems Administrator - TPP
£32,000 to £40,000
Paid Search Account Executive (Entry Level)