Aerodynamics Engineer Undergraduate Placement 2023
MBDA Missile Systems – Together. For the Future of Defence.
Aerodynamics Engineer 10 month Undergraduate Placement
This placement offers an excellent opportunity to kick-start your aerodynamics career. Work in one of the most exciting areas of the aerospace industry, alongside a team of outstanding aerodynamicists at the forefront of missile aerodynamics.
You will be able to draw on knowledge and experience from specialist aerodynamics engineers. The aerodynamics department at MBDA works on the entire MBDA UK portfolio of products, from concept phase through to in-service support. As a key player in the UK defence industry, we are able to provide outstanding opportunities across a wide range of applications.
What's the opportunity?
Receive mentorship and support from our team of aerodynamicists to learn to use cutting-edge aerodynamic techniques; designing the missiles of the future. Undertake a placement seeking to expose you to some of the following areas:
- Application and development and use of our bespoke tools alongside commercial software to evaluate the performance of airframes
- Design of a range of missiles, in all the different stages of their development (concept, assessment, development, in-service)
- Stealth, propulsion, thermal and structural aspects of missile design and how these foster a multi-disciplinary design approach
- Missile integration onto land, naval and air platforms
- Integration of solid rocket motors and air-breathing engines into missile airframes, and assessment of their impact on missile aerodynamics and overall performance
- The project selected for you will utilise much of the knowledge gained during your university course and apply this to an industry specific problem.
- Gain a feel for MBDA and the type of work that we undertake.
Entry Criteria, Salary and Start Date
- Currently studying a Degree in Aerospace engineering, Aeronautical engineering, Mechanical engineering, General engineering, Maths, Physics or other related subject
- Aerodynamics and propulsion based modules are most relevant to this role (such as Fluid Dynamics, Thermodynamics, Aircraft Performance, Flight Dynamics & Control etc.), please list any that you have studied on your application
- A passion for aerodynamics and propulsion
- The ability to clearly communicate and present ideas including preparing technical presentations and reports.
- £20,000 salary (pro rata)
- 10 month placement to start September 2023
Why choose us?
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.
Apply now by clicking here, or using the 'apply now' button below.
MBDA UK Limited
MBDA, a world leader in missiles and missile systems, is a multinational group with 10,000 employees at industrial facilities in France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Germany, Spain and the United States.
MBDA UK Limited Interview Reviews
28 July 2017
The initial interview was very much standard, with standard interview questions. Ensure you read the competencies they are looking for before hand, and make sure you come up with...