Advisory Graduate - Actuarial
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
Our Advisory team provide a wide variety of services that deliver value-led advice and outcomes. Whether it’s buying a new business, expanding internationally or struggling with financial difficulties, our team provide support and solutions that help businesses overcome challenges. The team work across strategy, operations and improvement as well as at a transactional and defined project level. From technology to risk advisory, you’ll be exposed to some of the world's most exciting financial operations and business deals, building your experience and expertise alongside the brightest minds in the industry.
We’ll help you succeed
The three-year Advisory Graduate Programme is your opportunity to learn our sector inside out, get real experience on real projects and achieve a recognised professional qualification. We’ll cover your exam fees and give you the study leave and extra training you’ll need to pass them while you balance your own workload. That training isn’t just about passing the exams, you’ll learn a range of personal, management and client-related skills that will help you become a full rounded BDO advisor and achieve your full potential.
Programme & Qualification
An Actuarial Trainee will form part of the Actuarial team both on-site at clients, and in the office, ensuring that all aspects of the Actuarial engagements are completed on time and within budget. You will be expected to study for, and complete, your Actuarial qualification over the course of your employment and will be supported, developed and supervised by senior members of the Actuarial Team.
We offer the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries qualification (IFA) for those looking to join the Actuarial practice. The Actuarial qualification is globally recognised and will enable you to use your mathematical skills to become an expert in evaluating financial risk, problem solving and strategic thinking. You will also learn how to interpret and communicate data to the business and clients.
- Prepare and analyse actuarial data received from clients
- Use the mathematics and statistics knowledge obtained from your education to date in combination with your actuarial studies to assist in determining the solutions for clients
- Assist in the build, design and test of models using a variety of different software used by our actuarial team
- Begin to develop a strong knowledge of insurance and actuarial concepts, such as reserving and pricing
- Active engagement with client staff in the gathering of data
- Ensure compliance with internal (risk management) and external (regulatory) requirements
- Identify and understand client needs, including sometimes providing initial solutions to client challenges, then communicating these needs and solutions to your Senior or Manager
- Build strong relationships with new and established clients, as well as BDO colleagues from across the business
- Carry out ad hoc assignments, as may be required by your team
- Undertake any training or development co-ordinated by your team
- Participate in group, stream and firm wide activities
- Successfully study towards your professional qualification
When you join us
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you’re right for us, you’ll thrive in an environment built to help you succeed. We’re looking for someone with:
- A 2:2 degree in any discipline (obtained or predicted)
- Three A-levels or equivalent at A* to C excluding General Studies and Extended Projects (obtained or predicted)
- A* to C in Maths and English at GCSE/Scottish Standards or equivalent (non-UK qualifications also considered)
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well as offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 25 days’ holiday;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- and income protection insurance.
Our systems work to support our people, not the other way around. We employ talented people with the imagination and initiative to make a real difference.
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :management jobs london finance jobs london advisory graduate actuarial london scheme insurance bdo llp
People who applied for this job also applied for:
Graduate Development Programme - Actuarial
South East, South West, London, West Midlands, Birmingham, Farnborough, Fareham, Hill Head, Swindon
Sponsored Actuarial Graduate Scheme - Lloyds of London
BDO Advisory Graduate Programme (London)
Actuarial Graduate Trainee
Finance Graduate Scheme - Morrisons
EY Consulting Graduate Programmes
Competitive starting annual salary
South West, London, West Midlands, North West, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Yorkshire, Belfast, Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds, Manchester