Actuarial Graduate Trainee
OVERVIEW OF THE SERVICE LINE & TEAM
In Consulting, you will join a growing team of 300 relationship driven, strategic thinkers who take pride in the positive impact they can have on society whilst advising the boardrooms of UK and International clients across all sectors. Our Consulting teams support clients in solving business critical, complex problems through a broad range of services including risk assurance, technology advisory, business transformation, regulatory consulting and actuarial support. Our expertise ranges from financial services and insurance to retail, government and education. In a rapidly changing business world, we help clients overcome the challenges that they face today and prepare for whatever the future may hold.
As an Actuarial Trainee you will support various projects across general insurance pricing & reserving, life assurance, pensions and capital management. You will be given early responsibility and will be involved in high-profile global projects.
The role of an actuary is to assess and quantify financial risk. As an Actuarial Trainee, your time would usually be split between working in the office, attending client meetings and studying for your professional exams. However due to the current pandemic situation Mazars continues to work remotely only visiting the office and client sites on a restricted basis.
During your first three years you will:
- Help to prepare professional reports for client communications;
- Analyse data and populate actuarial models;
- Produce actuarial working papers;
- Perform actuarial projections;
- Support clients in producing regulatory forms; and
- Perform audit support work across our broad range of clients.
Your typical day will vary between:
- Supporting the delivery of actuarial services to a wide range of clients within the insurance industry;
- Producing models and financial reporting figures; and
- Developing client relationships through meetings, social activities and developing an understanding of their business/industry;
- Analytical skills; the ability to think critically, research and solve problems.
- Attention to detail and strong time-management skills.
- Interpersonal skills; the ability to build client relationships with a foundation of trust and responsibility.
- Self-motivated and driven to succeed.
- Commitment to self-development & learning.
- Affinity with our values; in particular, respect for individuals, diversity and integrity.
Strong academic performance is important so we know that you're ready to take your professional exams. However, we understand things don't always go to plan – so if you don't meet our minimum requirements, please let us know if you have any exceptional achievements or extenuating circumstances which affected your results. We also consider your achievements in the context of your socio-economic background, so encourage you to submit your contextual information.
- 2.1 or above in any actuarial/mathematical degree discipline
- Minimum of 144 UCAS points, with an A in Maths.
- Grade A or above in GCSE English Language and Maths.
We will fund your study towards the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (IFoA) qualification.
You will receive a full study package to ensure that you successfully complete your professional qualification. This includes time off to study, attend college and complete online courses. Your professional qualification is only part of the story at Mazars; we support all our trainees with a blended approach to training and development including classroom study, 1:1 coaching, and soft skills training.
You will be supported by a mentor and an appraising manager to keep your career and aspirations on track.
If you are interested in a career in professional services, we can offer you an exciting head start by joining one of our trainee schemes for school or college leavers.
Mazars Interview Reviews
21 February 2018
My interview was a one on one interview with a member of their graduate recruitment team, the interview took place at their London office. The interview starts with an exercise...
19 June 2017
After completing verbal and numerical tests online, I was invited to the 1st round interview. It was with a member of graduate recruitment and it lasted around an hour where it...
06 July 2015
Firstly there is an online application form to pass. Then there are two stages to the Public Sector Internal Audit (PSIA) recruitment process which is different to the other...
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :finance jobs london actuarial graduate trainee mazars
People who applied for this job also applied for:
Technology Audit Graduate Programme - KPMG 2021
Audit Graduate Trainee (Public Services)
London, East Midlands, North West, Yorkshire, Leeds, Manchester, Nottingham
KPMG 2021 Consulting Graduate Programmes - London
EY Assurance Graduate Programmes (S.East, S.West and London) - April and September 2021 intake
Competitive starting annual salary
South East, South West, London, The East, Cambridge, Luton, Reading, Southampton
£28000.00 to £34000.00 per annum
We Are Aspire Limited
Strategy and Transactions Graduate Programme